Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

No Rest for the Wicked

Wow, summer goes quickly. Here we sit, already almost one third of the way done. Yikes. I've been a busy bee (contrary to anything Seth might tell you). As you know, I went to Vegas, had a week of R&R, then went to Bozeman for a wedding, then to Missoula for a concert. Sunday I will be headed to Helena for a Leadership Conference of MERC (Midland Empire Reading Council) - a group I was forced to volunteer for as a first year teacher and of which am now somehow the Vice President. After that July is (thankfully) pretty clear of engagements. August is a mad dash to the finish though, with Seth's graduation in Pocatello, the Daniel Tosh comedian show, a tentative trip to Wisconsin to see Seth's family, a friend's wedding and BOOM - school starts.

The wedding Seth and I attended was beautiful. We went to high school with Tom, and he and Seth were roommates in college. Tom's little sister, Mimi, is a feisty, slightly crazy, always hilarious girl. Mimi has Cystic Fibrosis and, while usually, healthy, has been in and out of hospitals her whole life. She's an incredible person who has learned how to live life to the fullest every day, knowing full well that her time here should be savored. Mimi met and married a man I don't yet have the privilege of knowing, but listening to their vows, I was overcome with emotion and gratitude as they expressed their love and appreciation for one another with great humor. The whole ceremony was a reflection of their character and humor and it was an absolute joy to see Mimi marry this man. Seth's dance moves at the reception were almost as incredible. Thanks to Matt and Reese for allowing us to crash at their place and rile up the boys before heading back to Billings for Father's Day celebrations!

After one day of catch up, I loaded up my dancing shoes and headed for Missoula for the SENSATIONALLY TALENTED Ray LaMontagne. If you have not heard Ray, go to a quiet place, turn up your volume, close your eyes and blast this tune. Ray's voice is unlike any other. The show was outdoors at Big Sky Brewing in Missoula, and the night was perfect. I went with two gals from work and one of their husbands, and met Jenny up there. The conversation was great (it's just so fulfilling to talk with other people who share the same passions as you), the beer was tasty, the music was delicious, and fun was had by all.
Brandi Carlisle opened for Ray and sounded amazing!

Grainy because of my zoom, but we were pretty darn close!

Oh Ray, you poet!

Jenny informed me and Whitney what an encore is - wow! Thanks, J!

Me and Whitney



Off to a great start this summer and looking forward to more!

No comments: