Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pros of Going Back to School

Today is my last day of summer vacation. I've ran miles, read books, knitted bags, crocheted hats, traveled throughout Montana and Idaho, spent time with friends and family from all across the country, attended weddings and baby showers, and drank way too much coffee. It's been a delightful summer, but it's drawing to an end.

Tomorrow night we will host a short "Meet and Greet". The kids can come in with their parents, meet me and put away their school supplies. This will save us HOURS on the first day of school. Kids will also feel much better about starting school on Wednesday since they will already know where their desk is, who they are sitting by, where to hang their backpacks, and where the bathrooms are. Parents will be less likely to follow their six year old into our room the first day, and will (hopefully) instead confidently wave goodbye to their cherub from the playground so we can start our day together without hovering. It's a good thing, and I'm excited to meet my 21 new kidlets.

Seeing this made me even more excited. I was cracking up with each new post. Can't wait to have more of these to share with you!

1 comment:

Kayla Powell said...

Such lucky kids to have you as a teacher! It's fun to hear somebody talk about their career the way you do, you are doing exactly what you were meant to do! I miss you, sis, and I hope this year is your best yet!