Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Obligatory Questionnaire

I've seen quite a few of these on other blogs, so here's one for you! Nothing like waiting until the bitter end!

How far along?  39 weeks today!
Total weight gain/loss?  "Right on track" according to doctor - 23 pounds I think? The last two appointments I have stayed the same, which is great. At delivery, I will still be about 6 pounds lighter than I was last October before I started my protein/veggies diet. I'm so glad that I lost the weight before putting it all back on as baby weight. Depending on my breastfeeding success and nutritional needs, I'm planning on going back to broccoli and chicken to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I will be sad to say goodbye to carbs again, but at least I found what works for me!
Maternity clothes?  Heck yes. Although I've been squeezing into some of my chubby clothes as I get sick of the 6 maternity shirts I have.
Stretch marks? One. Damn...so close.
Swelling?  Oh yes, it's happening. Seth noticed at my last appointment that I no longer had ankles. I really have to choose socks carefully as they cut off circulation at the ankles. It's not painful or anything, and my Danskos allow for plenty of wiggle room, but it's happening! I've also recently started to have trouble with carpal tunnel in my right hand due to some swelling. Nothing major, but another sign the end is near!
Sleep?  I whine a lot about it, but it's not as bad as a lot of women around this time. I have a hard time falling asleep due to the back pain I've been experiencing, and occasionally I wake up for no reason for a couple of hours. But last night was glorious! I didn't even wake up to use the bathroom. I have a hard time sleeping on my side and can't wait to roll over onto my belly!
Best moment last week? My final baby shower hosted by Mom and Jenny. Pictures to come!
Movement?  Rockin' and Rollin'! Baby hates it when I bend over and the hiccups are getting more and more frequent. He is especially active after breakfast and dinner.
Food cravings? Still just the Orange Juice! I go through a gallon a week and couldn't be happier about it. Yum.
Gender? Hopefully still all man.
Labor signs? Nothing - not even Braxton Hicks contractions. My doc assures me this is fine, but I'd love some outward signs of progress. At the last appointment she did say that he has dropped and my cervix is thinning though still closed. Next appointment is Tuesday and I'm hoping for dilation, yo!
Belly button in/out? Still in! I was cursed with an insanely deep belly button anyway, so at least it's shallowed out.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach. I cannot wait!
What I am looking forward to: Any signs of labor! Hoping I get to experience them rather than be induced, but am willing to do what's best for Dubs.
Milestones: One more week until due date!

3 comments:

The Bennett's said...

I've been thinking about you. I will say some prayers for you and the delivery of your precious baby. Try and just enjoy these last few days of pregnancy because life will change in one day and that sweet baby will be i your arms so fast. You won't even realize what happened:) well besides the pain but that is temorary. I'm so excited for you! Can't wait for your post of his arrival!

Kayla Powell said...

Enjoyed the questionnaire! I love reading people's responses. Praying and thinking of you, sis! Love.

lanerdoo said...

Too funny. I love your perspective on things and this was a fun format… I too have a deep belly button:/ Still excited to hear all about his arrival. Here's praying he makes his entrance soon!