Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Changes

 That's right, ya'll. We're having a baby. Again. I must admit that although we were planning this, it happened a LOT faster than I had anticipated, and that extra line kind of threw me into a panic at first. Now, 15 weeks in, I am so.friggin.excited. I still have moments of complete terror of course, at the thought of putting another human into our already chaotic and busy life, but I know the joy of a baby and a sibling for Hamilton will outweigh the cons one hundred to one. Baby is due in early March, and we will find out the gender in less than a month! I barely felt sick with this little one (thank you, baby!), am gaining weight much more quickly, and have heartburn, which I never had with Hamilton. So gender is anyone's guess right now! Hamilton is as excited as he can be about something he doesn't understand at all. He rubs my belly and talks to the baby, and is excited for the baby to "grow big and strong so it can come out and sleep in the crib."

 We joke that now that we have everyone sleeping through the night in a bed, eating real food, and peeing and pooping in a toilet, it's the perfect time to start alllllllll oooooooover.

 My big boy went to the fair this year and seriously had the time of his life. He still talks about it almost every day. I couldn't believe they let him go on some of those rides, but sure enough! He was big enough, brave enough, and had the most fun I've ever seen him have. Seth hates the far, so I'm glad I will have a ride buddy until it's not cool anymore.

 We also started another new school year! We added two new teaching partners, which is great because it brought class sizes down to 19 instead of 24. It makes such a big difference I can't even tell you! The new gals are fantastic, eager, and excited, which is fun. But it's also a lot of work to help two new ladies learn the ropes. It's been busy, but it's been great.

 Our monkey still loves the zoo and asks for it often. We go to parks on the weekend and spend as much time together as possible now that I'm working again and missing all that mommy-son time.

Kayla is about three months ahead of me in her pregnancy, which has been so much fun. We love complaining about and rejoicing in the joys of pregnancy together, and can't wait for another set of cousins to be BFF's. Here are Hamilton and Cedar practicing their new big sibling roles.

No comments: