Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Friday, October 9, 2009

Close Call

I have two blogs. One is personal. That is what you are currently reading. Here, I post things for my friends, family, and yes... strangers to read. None of it is really interesting to anyone however, unless they know me.

The other is professional. As in, work-related. As in, keep it appropriate! Keep it confidential! All that jazz. I have even made my school blog private, to keep things as confidential and safe as I can.

I set up two separate accounts so that I wouldn't get the two mixed up. Two different emails, two different passwords, two different sites. Sounds pretty safe, right?

Sigh.

Last night I wrote a pleasant little post about going to the store and receiving a really nice compliment on my hat that made my day. The post was harmless... silly even, just a little tidbit of what happened to me that day. I meant to post it here. On my personal blog.

A few hours later, I decided to upload some photos to my professional blog. What do I see? The post on the compliment! On the wrong blog. Oh, the terror.

Thank GOD it was a harmless, sweet little post, and not a scathing one that I have saved in my drafts right now about overbearing parents and their spoiled children. Whew! I deleted the post quickly, but in that short amount of time, my Statcounter reflected at least 8 visits. Nuts.

It could have been worse. I'm just really going to have to watch myself. If you start to see things like "This week we are working on our doubles and reading with fluency!" or "Please be sure to turn in your book orders by Monday!", please let me know. I've probably crossed wires again.

3 comments:

Addie said...

SCARY! I always publish and then hit "View Blog" to double-check my wording and stuff. Seems like an extra step you may want to build into things.

And I can't WAIT to see the scathing one about overbearing parents. If you're not going to post it, at least email it to me. Like Mae West said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, sit next to me."

lanerdoo said...

I also check my blog after posting, just to tweak things. I wonder how many parents are now searching for your other blog. They are thinking, what does this have to do with our kids? Why would she share this?... ah ha moment... Janelle Wilson blog search. good luck friend!

Janelle Wilson said...

The best part is that I DID check it! I always "view blog" after writing, just to see how it all looks, I just didn't even notice that it was set amid the wrong background. Didn't even notice. Sigh.

I have my settings set so that my blog can't be found through search engines, but the mrsjanellewilson address isn't exactly inconspicuous, is it?