Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Smile

I went to a Clumsy Lovers show with Aubyn, Kaylie, and Bryce last night. There is just something about live music that makes me feel... happy. Everyone just feeds off the energy of the band, and you can't stay grumpy when there's a mean fiddle and some wicked harmonies.

Here are some other things that make me smile:
I think Aubyn will especially enjoy this daily special. She's trying so had to bring back the high five.


I love "de-motivational" posters. I love babies. What could be better than combining the two?
I get this look quite often from babies. Um... hello... the fronts and back of diapers look very similar. Don't judge me, baby.

What makes you smile?

7 comments:

aubyn said...

Why YES, i do love this post. And I also enjoyed sharing an awesome high five with you last night at the concert. I think the band really appreciated us as we were the only ones grooving...
How long had it been since we had Live!Music!? man I've been missing it.
Come by the office today for free high fives all day every day!

Addie said...

You make me smile. Clumsy Lovers make me smile. Good coffee makes me smile (especially if I didn't have to make it). A warm bed on a cold morning makes me smile.

My nephews make me laugh out loud, especially when they take their tools (which they say correctly) to work (which they say correctly) to fix it (which they say "fuck it"). It's pretty great.

I love that we are both fun aunties to awesome boys!

aubyn said...

i love those things, but more than Addie.

Dave said...

I love.. my attached garage. Mochas, electric blankets, updated blogs of 'lessons and laughter" and "wish you were here". weekend visits of family. And you...Also I will be working on the correct pronunciation of some words. Thanks for the tip Addie. Smiles to all of you.

Addie said...

I love you more than Aubyn does. Maybe.

Anonymous said...

You being fought over makes me smile.
MY new nephew with his chubby cheeks and tiny hands, seat heaters, the pleasant extra layer of "plumpness" I acquire during the winter from eggnog lattes and homemade goodies that I get to hide with chunky sweaters, having you as a bestie!

Grammie Perrine said...

BTW ..that photo of the baby reminded me of my mama who had a look of disapproval that was so effective I ALWAYS stopped any activity I was doing (or contemplating). What makes me SMILE is this glorious family that my son Bing married into....you ladies have enriched my life so much. Kisses to all the Myers girls, sisters, cousins, aunties, sis-in-laws, grammies and friends.