Random Musings
- Yes, it's "warm" - relatively speaking. It's actually a whopping sixty degrees out right now! But does that make it acceptable (socially, monetarily, logically) for my CRAZY duplex neighbor to hook up the hose and stand on the porch spraying the dead grass?
- Conferences, conferences, conferences, conferences, report cards, conferences, conferences, conferences, report cards... this is my mantra this week. There is so much to do in order to be prepared for student-led conferences. I really have to keep the end in mind as I try to explain the importance of listening NOW so they don't look like fools LATER. (Oh, and by THEM looking like fools, a little bit of me knows that I mean ME looking like a fool).
- A weekend spent at my mom and dad's got me thinking: it's so comforting to know that even though it's a totally different house than the one in which I grew up, the house still hosts that warm, cozy, "home" feeling. It's comforting to stay there, what with the hot tub, the fabulous new bed, the hot tub, the cable TV, the chips,the hot tub, Sam-dog, the hot tub... I could go on...
- Daylight savings - I love you for your extra sunlight, and for making my children complete zombies today. I needed that day of quiet. Is that so wrong?
- What's your favorite Girl Scout cookie? I swear I could eat an entire box of Samoas in one sitting. Deeeelish.
- I'm really looking forward to Karen's birthday celebration tomorrow. We asked her what she wanted to do (she's visiting from California!)... dinner, movie, whatever she wanted! She chose a walk on the Rims and a trip to Softies. The wisdom of her years is shown through her birthday choices.
6 comments:
I also like samoas and thin mints.
Not a fan of daylight savings but, I am a fan of thin mints(frozen), and samoas, and the little toffee ones, they are scrumptous.
You are welcome for the comfy bed at your parents bed.
I like the tagalongs and samoas. Chris doesn't like coconut, so I get the whole box.
Duplex neighbors ARE crazy. Mine park in their lawn.
I enjoy daylight savings and hardly noticed the change.
Excellent post.
I too, dislike daylight savings time changes. And it is worse on kiddos which makes it bad on parents, teachers and every other human being, except Jenn. Just wait Jenn.. when that little one has a schedule and then oops your off an hour.
Thanks for taking care of sam dog and the hot tub.
I no longer eat cookies... but my favorite Girl Scout cookies WERE shortbread and lemon cremes... (do they still make lemon cremes?) Piper loved the peanut butter patties. YUMMMM! Dang... wish I had a cookie!
Post a Comment