I tried not to let that ruin my night, as it was the first time all three Sky Sisters had been together since Kayla's wedding! We all indulged in some bad movies, dinner, pie, and hot tubbing. It was great to be together again, and it's always best to be at mom and dad's house!
Friday brought happiness galore - beginning with the culmination of our Secret Santa exchange at work. We bought small ($2-$3) gifts Monday through Thursday, with a "big" ($15) gift on Friday. My secret Santa gave me yarn, a cool folding frame, a latte, and chocolate, followed by an itunes gift card to buy more apps for our class ipad! I was a happy gal. Right after that, I rushed over to the house where Seth had been safely dropped off my mama (who was promptly rear ended, incidentally. All was well - no damage done!). We kissed hello, gathered our wits, and rushed over to a co-workers house for the annual staff party.
At the party, we drank, ate, laughed, participated in a gift card exchange (we ended up with Starbucks - jackpot!), and ended it all with a rousing round of Karaoke. One particular prim and proper teacher had quite a bit of wine, and was selecting songs with lyrics so risque even I couldn't sing them! We were dying of laughter as this sweet little teacher belted out innuendos that made me blush.
The next day, we headed out to Red Lodge with Kayla. Jody, Jenny and her friend Tuesday had gone up earlier to hit the slopes. We were joined by a few of Jody's friends and we all stayed in a fantastic (and cheap!) condo where we played Loaded Questions, Mad Gab, and just enjoyed each other's company. We ate at the Pizza Co (hellllooooo Big Cookie!) and then enjoyed a day of cold Red Lodge shopping after a hearty breakfast the next day.
It was a whirlwind weekend, but it's just beginning.
At school, a parent asked to come make "scones" (which turned out be fried bread) for her daughters birthday. The kids were able to roll and cut their own dough, the mom fried it up, and they topped it with all sorts of sugary crap. It was a bit loony, but fun was had by all.
Tomorrow, we start the day with the Early Bird Boogie - a reward for kids participating in a PTA program where they can come to school early and dance in the gym (oh boy). Then, I had a mom donate BARRELS of crafts left over from a party. She set up the crafts into centers and the kids will do them tomorrow as gifts to parents. Then, the kidlets have PE (thank God). THEN, we will be making edible christmas trees - and I invited all the parents to help.
I am officially a crazy woman.
Wednesday will be much more calm. It is Polar Express day, and we are coming to school in our pajamas. We will watch the movie in increments, and enjoy hot cocoa and some art.
And at long last... freedom! Seth and I will be spending Christmas Eve with his family, Christmas morning with his family, and Christmas day with mine. The rest of our break will hopefully be spent doped up on good coffee and Psych.
If I make it through tomorrow, that is.
2 comments:
Sounds like SO MUCH FUN and OVERSTIMULATION!
Also, I got myself Psych season 4 for myself for my birthday, in case RobRob doesn't come through. But he will, so DOUBLE BONUS FOR ME. :)
Glad you are surrounded by friends and family with much time off. Lucky girl!
You got spirit yes you do! Your festive fun is helping me get through this lack luster in-law "holiday".
We all remember how much fun we had when we were kids and the great things we did at school! Now you are making that happen for the new kids! That is so spectacular!
I checked and checked my mailbox for your family photo and i still don't have it. I even asked the mailman, he said, "sorry, no mail for you from the Wilsons, Again."
Post a Comment