Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Hollandaise!

I bought an egg poacher, so Seth and I have been eating a lot of eggs Benedict lately. With that in mind, I asked Seth, "What did the English muffin say to the egg on Christmas Eve?..... Happy Hollandaise!" I laughed so hard I snorted while Seth stared at me with what can only be described as a mixture of shame and disgust.

It was a lovely Christmas this year, as Seth and Kayla were both home for the holidays, bringing the family together again! I tried to spend as much time with little K as possible, knowing that her time here was short lived. We went to Chameleon and painted some new pottery. We drank some coffee, had some chats, and ate a lot of food. A lot.

Seth and I did our usual Christmas bounce-around (not NEARLY as dirty as it sounds - it merely involves going from his parents to my parents, to our house, to his parents, back to my parents, and back to our house several times in 48 hours). We laughed, we drank, we ate, we gave, we received.... it was very Christmassy indeed!

I was overly blessed by an Arrowhead parent with a loose wallet and a penchant for giving. She rounded the little troops and gathered enough to provide me with my own flip video camera as well as some cash for "accessories". I was completely overwhelmed, and am still feeling a bit weird about it, but everyone assures me that this is how she wants to help, and it makes her feel good, so I should just accept it and shut up. And so I shall! I will be using the flip video constantly for the blog, and it will also help immensely for my boards.

More than anything this year though, I'm just grateful to have Seth home. Everything seems to be 100 times easier when we're living under the same roof. The relationship, the housework, the social calendar... all of it is just more seamless when he's here. We haven't had much down time yet, but we are enjoying living together again and spending time as a family of three (don't forget Birdie!).

I hope that all of you had a delightful holiday, filled with as much family, friends, and food as you could muster. I love you all!

2 comments:

aubyn said...

That was a lovely post!
where is seth's next rotation?
How is the national thing you are working on going?
Hurray for Christmas and Family!

holly gannett said...

Love it! SO glad you Seth is home :) Also we just bought a minoHD flip right before christmas... aren't they amazing and soooo easy to use and upload videos and make movies?!! I love ours!!! Hope you enjoy it and get lots of great use out of it. Love you girl and can't wait to see you even though I am not exactly sure when that will be... love you. h

ps.. cute blog ;)