There are nine more days of school left.
Nine more days to share with the twenty little people who have grown to be an integral part of my year, of my career, of who I am. Nine more days to make sure they have all the tools and skills they need to survive another year of academia. Nine more days to laugh at their jokes, tell them my own, and soak up their love as I give them mine.
It's hard to say goodbye to this year's class. They've been the kindest, smartest, most loving group I've had since my first year. They've showered me with love and have worked their little buns off to make me proud. After a rough year last year, they were just what I needed to remember why I love this job so much.
That being said...
There are nine days of school left. Nine more days until I can wake up AFTER the sun has risen. Nine more days until I can read a book of MY choosing for longer then ten minutes before bed. Nine more days until I can knit, sew, and crochet for hours on end. Nine more days until I can ride my bike to the coffee shop and sit and sip in the sun.
Ahhhhh... summer. I've got big plans. Plans to workout, maybe take up running (didn't I say that last year too? Well I mean it this time!), read a ton of books, and begin to knit/crochet with the intent to sell. I've sold a couple hats through Ren's shop, but am looking forward to branching out a little - maybe setting up an etsy account or even just a facebook page so I can start MAKING some money rather than just spending it on my hobby. I also hope to take up sewing with the sewing machine I got for Christmas! I've got curtain plans, apron hopes, and more up in my noggin and I'm itchin' to get started.
What are you looking forward to this summer?
2 comments:
workin on a 6700
I love how you love your kiddos. Granted, some are easier than others but, the connection you create with them is so fantastic!
I applaud your etsy/f.b. ambitions, how fun to create fun things just for the sake of creating and then reaping some $ rewards.
YAY for summer!
Post a Comment