Here is what I have been up to this summer! Introducing Knotty Nells! I have been crocheting baby hats in the hopes of selling them. My old friend Holly, who now lives in Deleware is an extremely talented photographer, and she has agreed to use the hats as props for her baby shoots. Clients can then purchase the hats if they want, or can special order one. I've sold a few hats at Ren's shop, Purl, but she's got a lot of contributing crocheters/knitters, so I'm branching out a little in the hopes of actually MAKING some money on yarn, rather than just spending it.
As you can see, I've also recently learned how to make new embellishments!
I'm still trying to figure out how to make boy hats more "cute" - without flowers and ribbons, options are a little more limited.
Buttons and Brims oh my!
This luxurious ribbon is my favorite. It comes from Purl is softer than a baby's bottom!
Sorry - not for sale. This one's for me. :)
My first attempt at a scalloped edge.
Again, that fabulous ribbon!
Brims and buttons again!
I'm also still working on sizing. No matter how closely I follow a pattern, the sizes still turn out all wonky. So I tend to do away with patterns and just go with what I think is right. However, I tend to forget how HUGE baby's heads actually are, and the hats have needed a little extra length almost every time. I'm getting there though!
Holly will be in Billings in August, and I will give her the hats and hope for the best! If they sell, and things turn out ok, I may put them on Etsy or something. In the mean time, if you've got a hankering for a cute little hat (for yourself or your little one), let me know and I'll whip one up!
1 comment:
Look at you! Did you sew some of those embellishments? Very Cute!
The ribbon with the pink streak is sooo precious, of course Purl would have more than Yarn and Needles!
Post a Comment