Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fancies, Firsties, Fishing and Furniture


 Fancies: I sold two hats to Tracy Moore Photography, and ran into her this weekend. She said she used one in a photo shoot and it will be on her blog soon! Very exciting! After this cute pink and purple hat, I couldn't take it anymore and had to make something for ME. I made a brimmed beanie for myself (not pictured) and am knitting some fingerless gloves for fall. Happy girl! The headband was just an idea I had - bought some cheap elastic headbands and sewed on a little embellishment. Fancy!


Firsties! Here are some pictures of my room this year. I didn't make too many changes, but Mom procured some great new organizing shelves which did prompt a few furniture moves. 
 Writing Center (above)

 The Book Nook (above)

 Carpet Time (above)

 Science Center

 Awesome new organizing shelves from Ma Schuyler!


 At the beginning of the year we graph like crazy to work on number sense and get to know each other. Then we use interactive writing so I can gauge writing skills.






 These stupid fish are the lone survivors from Jenn's baby shower - a year ago! Fourteen of their closest friends weren't as lucky (although they did make it longer than expected), and these two remain.

 No David! books are my favorite. David so naughty. We used him to discuss "peacebreakers" vs. "peacemakers" and which we will need to be in order to have a peaceful classroom. 


 Seth and Bryce invited me on one of their Man Trips! They borrowed Dr. Schultz' raft and let me give it a try!

 Poor Seth rowed all day while Bryce and I got tangled in each others line repeatedly. Bryce caught one little guy and I caught two! Wooo hooo!


 This one's for Reese. I bought a plain wooden chest of drawers at a garage sale for 10 bucks, sanded it, painted it, bought some new knobs and Voila! A masterpiece! And it stores all my loose knitting projects, mail, and Photo albums! Fashionable AND functional! I'm pretty darn proud of this one.

4 comments:

lanerdoo said...

Delightful! taking tums=peacemaker? Please explain :) Your chest of drawers is quite nice, & I envy your knitting knack...

Laurie said...

Great blog. I love your "new chest of drawers". You will have a great year.

Anonymous said...

Love. It. All.

Kayla Powell said...

I need me one of them headbands. So cute. Your classroom looks great this year! I guess you ARE capable of creating an awesome room without the help of your sis. Love you!