Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Bump in the Road

Thanks to a blighted ovum (an egg that becomes fertilized then simply stops growing, for no particular reason), Seth and I have experienced a little bump in the road. There were a few days there where we thought we were going to be parents, but to no avail. It wasn't quite a miscarriage, since the ovum never developed past just that, but it sucked nonetheless. I had a checkup to make sure everything was OK, and I got a clean bill of Ladytown Health. Apparently, these things are very common and should not have any bearing on future pregnancies. Our timing is a bit wonky now though, since the window to have three months with a new baby in the summer is now officially closed. I don't like the thought of having a sub for the first few months of school, since they are so important for establishing routines, procedures, and classroom environment. So I am considering waiting a few months to try again. It's all a little up in the air at this point. We're fine though, moving on and trying to trust God's timing and fate and all that jazz. Until then, we have a lot of focus on and be thankful for:

Seth has had a couple months of incredible man time. That includes a copious amount of fly-tying with Bryce, fishing on the Big Horn in Dr. Schultz' raft, and a trip to Anaconda that resulted in his biggest trout to date. He has his paperwork all turned in for credentialing and is now just waiting for the DEA and other agencies to get everything signed, dated, and turned in to the appropriate people. He is looking to start at Riverstone at the end of this month or beginning of November.


School is going very well this year! I'm figuring out my little Naughty, and after the first few weeks where she was nearly sent to the principal every day, she is down to maybe one episode a week. She's figuring out that she will get much more attention for a "cheerful heart" then a pouty, whiny one, and she just thrives on attention. I'm learning how to give her enough while not neglecting the rest of the class. I'm learning how to utilize my aide and how to work smarter, not harder. I've got a big week coming up with Montana State Reading Conference, in which I will be presenting. It's going to be crazy but good for me professionally. Nonetheless I will be glad to have it over.

I am also getting excited for this fall weather! I pulled out my hats and scarves and fingerless gloves yesterday and oh how I love my fall accessories! I know I need to get started on some Christmas gifts, but it's hard when I look so damn good in a beanie, you know?

7 comments:

Nate & Danielle said...

Sorry to hear this :( ... It happens to the best of us though! Good luck on your journey to become parents... it will happen.. in His time :)

lanerdoo said...

ah dang... I didn't even know you guys were trying! I hope you get the timing stuff all figured out. I think you will have beautiful curly-haired babies.

That is a huge trout, lucky guy, you allowed him all of that man time :) I can't wait to see what you create for the season.

Kayla Powell said...

Always proud of your loving and adult like reasoning in all areas of your life. I love you, sis!

Grammie Perrine said...

My Word Verification was "Trius" which translates into "Try Again" in Latin (anyway, that is my interpretation!) PS...I,too, had a blighted ovum and then... I think you have met Bing and Julian... I also have a Piper!

Laurie said...

Do you know that I love you? Well, I do.

aubyn said...

I'm sure we were all wondering about it but were too polite to ask about your baby plans. :) Your kid is going to have an amazing sense of humor. I'm already nicknaming it Chuckles!

Congrats again to Seth! I bet he is ready to get on with life, no more of this limbo. THEN I remember that he is fishing, back home with his sweets, and maybe doesn't want to get on with life just too much yet. :) The Powers that Be would be crazy to... and not to.... give Seth a prescription pad.

What will you be presenting at the conference? Good luck buddy!

Addie said...

How did I miss this post? Stupid cache on my computer...

So sorry to hear of the bump in the road. Reese gave me great council when my plans weren't panning out: don't let life pass you by because you're busy planning it. I've heard it before, but when she applied it to my circumstances ("Who says you have to sell the condo and buy a house before you go to Hawaii?! GO TO HAWAII!"), it just rang so much more true.

Love you. Love all the things you're up to and that Blake has a teacher like you, willing to find what works with him to keep him on his best behavior. I shudder to think of the stories you'd have to tell about him if YOU were that dear teacher though.