Twelve months is a long time. Long enough that I don't think it's sufficient to say "2011 was a good year" or even the opposite "2011 was a downright crappy year." Each year is filled with moments of glory and pain, triumph and disappointments.
Since you all obviously read my blog, there's no need to really re-hash 2011. Ya'll know! So, looking forward to 2012 - the Year of the Vegetable.
I'm going to miss carbs. I've figured out that this is just the way it's going to have to be. I've loosened up, I'm able to live a normal life without pasta (who knew it was possible?!?), and I'm still pulling out old clothes from the depths of my closet that I haven't worn in years. Perhaps someday I'll actually buy new clothes to match my new bod. For now I think I pull off that sweater from 2005 just fine, thank you very much!
Kayla. My sweet sweet baby sister. She's coming home to me. Well... ok... not just to me. But I'm definitely going to hog her. While Jody is deployed she will be here in B town and I cannot see her soon enough.
Holly! Holly will also be staying in Billings for a few months while Tobin is training. She'll be bringing her sweet girls of course, and I am thrilled to build a relationship with Anna and Ella while falling easily back into bestfriendhood with Holly Anne.
Boards + Working Hubs = Upgrade? Hopefully the stipend that comes with Board Certification plus Seth's JOB could mean finally kissing this cardboard box duplex adieu! If all goes according to plan, we'd like to start looking for a house (you know... the kind with a bathtub I could actually sit in without cringing, the kind withOUT crazy neighbors on the other side of the wall) this spring. Sooner if my head explodes before then.
2nd grade. That's right people, you heard it here. My principal asked me to move up to 2nd grade next year due to numbers. It could still change though, nothing is set in stone because numbers always fluctuate and staff members move and transfer. So you never really know until you get that class roster in August. I'm nervous. I've taught first grade for six years and don't know anything different. But I'm excited too. To work with new teaching partners, learn new skills, work with kids who have a little more independence and a little more stamina. Should be an interesting ride, that is for sure!
Storks? I don't know about putting this one out into the Universe, but it's no secret to most of you that me likey the babies. I feel like every year for the past oh... five years? I've thought "Alright! This is the year we start planning a family!" And every year, something comes up. So... who knows. Fingers are crossed that maybe 2012 will be a year with smooth enough sailing to take the next step.
Vacation. Dangit, I'm going on a real vacation this year. With my husband. To somewhere tropical. It's not planned, but I'm doing it. Just watch me!
And with all that fun to look forward to, how can I not want to get started on 2012 IMMEDIATELY?!? So much to do, so much fun to be had! Happy New Year, friends!
5 comments:
Have you heard of 'pastafarians'? Look it up. You could be one.
...2nd grade? I did a double take on that one. My second grade teacher was one of the best I'd ever had, remember Mrs. Egan? You should be her.
I agree with your 2011 thoughts. It was supposed to be our 'best' but really, I've never cried so much in my life. I've also never been happier though, as I have in the past 12 months. Life is weird.
Also, go on a vacation.
:)
I love all of this. Kayla back home, yes. Holly- reconnect. 2nd grade? You can do it. I can help you move....when it happens. Job for Seth-YEah!! And dare I say (baby) sometime in the future. You go girl. 2012 will be good to you.
My word verification was RETCH?...but that is NOT my reaction to this post... I ditto Kayla's post cuz she said it all and better than I could...Happy New Year!
Delightful! I have secret pills that allow you carbs without calories ...and I'm not even lying. Babies are a must, what better house warming gift that a little poop machine? I love when old friends and sisters get to be around for extended visits and reconnecting with kindred spirits. 2012 is gonna be AWESOME... Go get 'em friend.
Post a Comment