Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry and Bright

Christmas this year was a bit different around the Wilson homestead. Seth's sweet mama was in Butte, having the titanium rod in her back replaced (yowch!), so his family was very busy taking care of her and making sure she was healing properly. Praise the Lord, she is doing much better than she did the last go 'round. She's peaceful and pain free, which is an absolute blessing considering the amount of pain she was in with the first surgery. We expect Debby and Steve home today or tomorrow and will gather with Dan, Gaaby and the kids to celebrate a late Christmas together. It will be great to see the Pattersons again, since they moved to Missoula in August!

Seth and I had a delicious meal with Mom, Dad, Jenny, Grandma, and Grandpa on Christmas Eve, followed by some gift opening (a fabulous needle organizer from Purl, a sewing kit, and a toolbox!), and a viewing of the Grinch. Even Grandma and Grandpa made it all the way through, although I don't think they enjoyed Jim Carey's antics as much as we do.

Christmas morning, Seth and I prepared coffee, mimosas, and Pumpkin French Toast Bake - mmmmmmm! We opened gifts to and from each other (Helllloooooo Kindle Fire!) and enjoyed each other's quiet company. We lounged throughout the morning and then headed up to the Kemmis' for the annual Gathering of the Cousins. Seth made it though TWO rounds of Catch Phrase without dropping the F Bomb! We were all so proud (I think it's because Jody wasn't here).

Lastly, I headed over to Ma and Pa's for some hot tubbin sistul/mothul time. Jenny and Mom and I soaked for way too long and talked about how traditions change as families change and how strange it is to be in the middle of this funny transition into TRUE adulthood. It was wonderful. Seth is fishing today and I hope to clean the house, read my new Janet Evanovich book, and get some knitting done. A tough day indeed.

I must take a minute to give a shout out to my little Kabes. We missed you and Jody so much this Christmas, and thought about you constantly. You may have been far away, but you were never far from our hearts. Love and miss you very much and can't wait to see you in January!

 Birdie keeps warm (if not happy) in her new holiday hat and scarf set. Sassy!

 Our do-it-yourself family photo.

 Handsome couple in ugly sweaters.

 My beautiful classroom "Before" picture. 

And the much more chaotic "After". The kids decorated upside down ice cream cones to look like Christmas trees with frosting, M&M's, and other delicious goodies. Messy, messy, messy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hooray! I am so happy you and Seth had a great holiday! Hans and I did the same lounge-y morning thing.
Your kitty is the. best.. So pissed, all the time. Such a cat! ha ha ha ha she makes me giggle!