Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Monday, February 20, 2012

It Is Well With My Soul

 It is well with my soul! The last few weeks have been filled with celebrations and good times. Forgive me in advance for how many times I reference food. For our Valentine's Day celebration, Seth and I rolled over to Red Lodge for a stay at the Pollard. We love the old timey hotel and it's simplicity. Oh... and the breakfast. My God, the breakfast! Seth always gets the Pollard Benedict - eggs benedict with smoked salmon. This time I branched out and and had Crab Cake Benedict. In place of the English Muffin, the eggs were served on Crab Cakes. No kidding.  By the way, breakfast is included in room price - just sayin'. Obviously, you can see I fell off the wagon and followed my Red Lodge Pizza Co salad bar with the Giant Cookie covered in Moose Tracks ice cream. Ya gotta live, darn it!

 It snowed about six inches while we were there, and we walked briskly downtown before settling in a nice lil' pub and enjoying brews and one on one uniterrupted converstion. Mmmm... delicious.




Reese and Matt welcomed another baby boy into the family! Reese went into labor about three weeks ahead of schedule. Gunner George was having trouble breathing and the doctors decided he would be better served in Missoula. Gunner had his first flight while Matt and Reese drove to Missoula. After a few days on special machines and lots of TLC, Gunner was breathing on his own and able to nurse. While it was tense for a while, there were constant prayers for the newest Schuyler, and we know Schuyler boys are built tough. The brothers came to Billings to hang with Grammie Monnie and Grammie Laurie and Papa D. It was great seeing them, cuddling them (I got in trouble for smelling one's head for a little too long - but he just smelled so darn.... nephewish!), and wiping their noses. I love them all so much! 



Finally, I had a few days off and I was able to find a cheap flight to Denver to see Kaylie and Sullivan! Kaylie moved to Denver this summer, and I've missed her greatly. She recently got engaged, and it was so great to spend time wedding planning, eating good food, drinking good drinks (have you ever had a Key Lime martini? No? Go get one. Now.), and sharing time together. We've been friends since Junior High, and we've been there for each other through all sorts of good things and bad things, and it's always a joy to spend time with Kaylie Ann.

We saw Red Rocks...
 


We traveled the Light Rail to downtown...

We shopped, we drank, we talked, we laughed, we played a LOT of trucks (Sullie), and we never got lost (Thank you iPhone)!

I am a lucky gal indeed!

1 comment: