- Hamilton had his two month appointment and vaccinations. He weighs 10 pounds, 8 oz (which puts him in the 10th percentile for weight - still a tiny little nugget), measures 22.5 inches (15th percentile for length), and his head circumference is in the 50th percentile. Basically, he is healthy as can be, just tiny. He's gaining weight at an appropriate weight now, but still playing some catch-up. He was a champ during vaccinations; one GOOD scream, a little crying, and totally consoled by the time we got his clothes back on. I'm very happy with his check-up, knowing that he's reaching his milestones and is a healthy, happy baby makes for a happy mama!
- I took the sweet boy to his daycare for a trial run the other day. After chatting for quite a while, I left him in Miss Lori's care while I ran errands. She says he was a champ, and I returned to find her rocking him in the rocking chair and feeding him a bottle. He was all smiles. I did great when I dropped him off, but rocking him to sleep that night I was wracked with guilt. I kept thinking that we pay people to do things we don't like: chores, landscaping, cooking us meals, cleaning our houses. And here I am paying someone to watch my child for me. It makes me feel like a bad mother, choosing work over him. In reality, I know that I'm making the best choice for my family. I love my job, I'm not as happy at home as I am when I'm working. Hamilton will be exposed to other kids, baby sign language, and great socialization. I'll be providing a loving environment for 22 kids for the first half of the day, and for one very special kid for the other half. I KNOW this... but the guilt still creeps in.
- On the other side of the coin... I took Hamilton to visit the kids at school, and they were ecstatic! One of my favorites (she was a TERROR in first grade and has made such a tremendous turn-around I love her so dearly) screamed with delight when she saw me and promptly began to cry. When they were leaving she said "I'm sorry I screamed. I've just never cried because I was so happy before!" Now how can I leave THAT?
Check out that chunk! While he's still so tiny, I cannot BELIEVE how tiny he used to be!
This is the Woombie. It's basically a straight jacket for babies. When we first tried it out, Hamilton HATED it, as he likes to have his arms up by his head. Now that he's used to it, we are getting some nice long stretches of sleep in his own crib. Up to seven hours some nights! Thank you, Woombie!
Nap time calls for a gentle swaddle rather than the straight jacket approach. And doesn't he just look like an angel?
He's a giggle machine, and I love it. The only downside? You have to listen to my baby voice to illicit said laughter.
Happy Valentine's Day from Hamilton!




2 comments:
He really has chunked up! That 2 month photo actually really reminds me of Gunner. So, so very handsome! I'm proud of you, sis. I was just telling Jody how grateful I am that you are getting all of this done ahead of me, so i can call and look and cry to you for help throughout this odd transition in life. You are a wonderful mother, I can't wait to move closer to your family!
Ditto on what Kayla said. He makes me act like....a crazy lady, just so that I can get those smiles and giggles from him! Fun times. You will do an awesome job at parenting and teaching! Hire a housekeeper, and cook, and gardener and then you can hang with Seth and Hamilton in the evenings:)Love you
Post a Comment