I was so pleased to find my students happy, well behaved and caught up with curriculum. My long-term sub did a heckuva job, and I couldn't be happier with what my kids did and learned in my absence. Aside from a glaring lack of hand-raising, they are just as I left them. On Thursday we were lucky enough to go to a play at the Alberta Bair, and I had so much fun just watching my kids giggle and dance. I feel very secure in my decision to go back to work, and am proud of my ability to do so, despite how hard it was to leave Hamilton at daycare.
Miss Lori is fantastic, and I can see why everyone loved my mom so much for helping raise their children. Knowing your baby is loved and cuddled and well cared for makes all the difference in the world. There are about 7 kids at Hamilton's home day care, but only about 5 on any given day. They are all younger than 3, but Hamilton is the only true "baby", the next oldest being 9 months. Miss Lori obviously LOVES babies, and any chance she can get, she cuddles him up. She sends me pictures throughout the day of him laughing or sleeping, which sets my heart at ease. He's been absolutely pooped when he gets home, sleeping for about 20 minutes when he gets home, another 20 minutes around 7, and crashing for the night by 9. The first night, he slept from 7 pm to 4 am! I think all the stimulation will take some getting used to, but I know he's in the right place.
Seriously. Seriously! Could he get any sweeter?
I channeled my inner Reese and made him a banner for above his closet.
This is the picture Miss Lori sent me the first day of daycare. He looks pretty peaceful, doesn't he?
Tummy time!





3 comments:
Sweet boy! I love him. Good for both of you, transitioning well! May it bode all good things and blessings all around. Praise God for Miss Lori and her updates - what a thoughtfully kind and reassuring gesture!
Three months? Where has time gone? Your little nugget is one of the cutest I've seen. As always, I'm proud of you, and am so blessed to have you for a sister.
I am glad "we" found Miss Lori! Glad that school is going well, and glad that in 3 months it will be summer vacation! I love the picture of him asleep with his little hands folded together! Cute little guy.
Post a Comment