We had a small taste of spring the last couple of weeks (sorry to rub it in, Bozemanites, as I saw on facebook today that you got 4 inches of that white stuff!), and it was a treasure! After over 100 inches of snow this winter and a very breezy, chilly spring, we were delirious with joy to send Hamilton outside for more than 10 minutes at a time and in less than 4 layers.
On one of my "spring break" days, I happened to catch story time at Barnes and Noble. The first time we went, Hamilton totally rocked it. Listened quietly to the story, played nicely with the other kids.... it was beautiful. The second time... not so much. Apparently trains are super fun! As long as you get all 25 to yourself and no one tries to play with you. One of us left in tears.
Hamilton LOVES being outside. He will play all. day. long. This was a fun little night at the Gravages where he learned how to dunk!
The week before Easter, Jenn and her littles invited Hamilton and I to an Easter egg hunt. Hamilton had a blasty-blast playing with Beckett, but we left with zero eggs. Who would want silly plastic eggs when there are pools filled with balls to throw? Or slides to go down? He had no clue what was happening, but it was super sweet to watch he and Beckett interact and play together.
Grammie Laurie and Papa D got Hamilton this amazing bubble-blowing lawn mower. He pushes the thing around the yard and I follow him up and down the block as he pushes it. He signs "more" because I call it a "mower" and he thinks it's the same word. Which of course I think is ridiculously cute. He doesn't even know that it blows bubbles yet! Prepare for your mind to be blown, little one.
Speaking of Easter. Could you not just eat this kid up?!? He was surely the most handsome I had ever seen him. As soon as that bow tie went on, I about died. I am finally coming around to this whole "dressing a boy" thing.
Even looking sharp, he must have a stick! Ours trees were recently trimmed, and Hamilton is in heaven with all the sticks that litter our yard.
I hosted Easter Brunch this year (I know, I know.. all grown up!). Steve, Debby, Dan, Gaaby, Zach, Hannah, Grammie, Papa, Kayla, and Cedar all brought food, and came over to entertain (or be entertained by) the children and enjoy family time. It was really nice to have everyone in my house and be able to entertain.
Little sidenote for those of you who I don't see often. Do you see my hair? Do you notice how straight it is? After having Hamilton, it has slowly lost every bit of its curl! Isn't that the weirdest thing? Anyone have any ideas? I've tried new cuts, new products... nothing! If anything, it just keeps getting straighter. It's freaking me out.
And a rare moment of quiet. Hamilton is usually practically vibrating with energy. He runs, climbs, throws, bonks his head, cries, sees the kitty, laughs, and then starts the whole process all over again. He LOVES his cousin Cedar and seeing them together is truly the sweetest thing you'll ever see. He's babbling up a storm lately, and visibly trying to communicate some words that I just can't quite make out. He still loves his trucks dearly, and his stuffed fish. He enjoys swiffering the floor and vacuuming using the little pet hair brush. He eats cottage cheese at almost every meal and could eat strawberries and drink milk all day if I let him. He loves to dig dirt from the flower pots and put it into his bucket, dump it out and do it again. He picks me dandelions. He can be a complete and utter hellion and then turn around and put his head on my shoulder to apologize and suddenly he's as sweet as sugar again. He's frustrating and delightful and spirited and sensitive and tough and dirty. I love him so much.
2 comments:
What a sweet post. He is growing up to be such a handsome little boy. Loving all of these pictures.
This is fantastic...
I love hearing all about Hamilton and his sassy, adventurous spirit. He is so stinking cute! And your hair, mine got way wavier after kids, it really is an anomaly. Good luck with that;)
Post a Comment