Summer is officially over, and fall is flying by, with snow expected soon. School started without a hitch this year, and conferences are right around the corner. My class is a bit more challenging this year, no major discipline issues, just a LOT of talking, attention problems, talking, squirming, talking, and they are a bit chatty. We are getting the hang of things though, and I love teaching second grade with my amazing teaching partners.
On the Hammie front, things are awesome. He's talking up a storm, and we love deciphering his toddler language and funny words for things. He still loves being outside, and we are terrified for what that means this winter. One of us will have to buck up - either I will have to go in the snow, or he will have to learn to be content indoors. Eek.
Trains and cars still provide much needed down time. He loves his track and tunnel and we bought him a train table for Christmas (shhhh!), so I can't wait to see him light up when that comes out!
Cup o' Joe for the boy.
He is obsessed with stuffed animals right now, especially his Elmo. He gives them hugs and kisses and takes them everywhere. It's pretty much the sweetest thing.
Handsome. So stinking handsome.
Stubborn boy trying not to smile. I got him. :)
Beloved "Melmo"
I never realized how much fun Halloween can be with a toddler! He loved carving pumpkins and transferred the guts happily from one bowl to another and back again.We went to Boo at the Zoo and had an absolute blast. Hamilton wouldn't wear his costume, and we only made it to a few animals, but this pile of leaves provided heaps of entertainment!
Our budding artist loves to "zaw" with "mowkows" and "tans". He is very intent on filling the entire page with color. He often asks us to draw pictures for him to color... he asks for "octi" (octopus), goose, ducks, and smoke every time. I just wish I knew what was happening in that little head!
Did I mention my amazing teaching partners? We were able to go to Phoenix a couple weekends ago for FUN! We talked about nerdy things (math in the real world, assessment, "productive struggle", etc.), drank tons of coffee and adult beverages, swam in Deb's pool, drove in her '64 convertible, and just had a blast being together outside of school. I truly love these ladies and am so blessed to have them as friends and coworkers.
We finally managed to get the boy into his costume... with a little help from m&m. He even trick or treated to a couple houses like a big boy saying "sikoseet" and "doodoo" (thank you). He was far and away the cutest shark I've ever seen.
And that is that! Thanks for checking in. Next post: Thanksgiving? I will do my best!


















3 comments:
I love that shark if yours!
I love that shark if yours!
I love how you go with the flow, I imagine I would be trying hard to make fun things 'happen', like see ALL the ANIMALS and wear the costume because YOU WILL LOVE IT.
But to be thwarted by a pile of leaves isn't being de-railed at all. He is having the best time and that is what it is all about!
Post a Comment