Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Holiday Shuffle

What a glorious time the holidays are! It is one of those times when I am supremely aware of how great my job is. Not many people get so much time off to spend with family and relax, and I am so grateful for my vacation time.

Thanksgiving went very well for my first time hosting! Actually, I think I delegated all the tricky dishes (yam bake, mashed potatoes, etc.), so all I had to do was pop the turkey in the oven, clean the house, and take a nap! Not too shabby! The food was delicious, the company was enjoyable, and I felt like such a grown up!

Our sweet little Hammie Ham Bone turned two on the 12th! We had a party over here (again... note those big girl pants), and it was nice and laid back and lots of fun. Hamilton figured out "tesents" pretty quickly, and we received lots of great things to keep him busy over the break. I can't believe how fast time goes with him. He is jabbering up a storm, attempting lots of little sentences, and is ever so polite! He grew 3 inches in 6 months, and went from the 45th percentile to the 88th in height!




I worked until the bitter end, but was lucky enough to have Dec. 24-Jan. 5th off! What a blessing! Christmas was a blast. We had Steve and Debby and their friends the Hildens over for Christmas eve ham and eggnog pie. Hamilton got even more "tesents" and was a hoot. The next morning, we were so excited to show him his new train table we got him! He walked in, eyes barely open, grabbed a train and started playing. Not a word, not a smile, not a giggle, nothing. Haha! He loves it though, and we are pretty confident it has saved our vacation stuck inside. After a bit, we went to Steve and Debby's to open presents with them and the Pattersons. We had a great breakfast and lots of fun. My parents popped by for even MORE "tesents", and then it was nap time. After nap, we headed to my parents for the gathering of the Kemmis family.

Hamilton LOVES "tismas", especially our tree and the "yights". We took him to see Whoville in Josephine Crossing, and he loved the "junch" (Grinch). He also loved the musical lights. He sat on Santa's lap a couple of times actually, and began associating him with candy. So now when he sees Santa he says "Santa ho ho ho, lap, candy!" When there were no more presents we had to explain Christmas was over. Every so often, he says "Tismas over. Tesents all gone. Fun. Sorry." Poor kid.

 Using his new shovel on Christmas Morning. A white Christmas! 

 Ninny at the kids table. Love her. 

 Who will be in tears next year? Hahaha!

 Aunt Reese made Ham's beautiful stocking!

 Loot!



After Christmas, it was a lot of lounging. My birthday was on the 28th, and Seth and I went to dinner with my parents and the Powell's for Kayla's bday (Jan. 3) as well. It was really nice to have good food at a nice restaurant without kiddos.

Sadly, that same night, Seth's grandma Evelyn passed away. She was 100 years old, and Seth had just been up to see her in Wisconsin in October for her birthday, knowing her time was short. She was a wonderful woman, and I'm so glad I was able to visit her with Seth a few times, and that she was able to meet Hamilton too. We will make the trip again for her memorial in a couple of weeks. Wish us luck on our 13 hour drive!

We rang in the New Year fairly quietly with a small group of dear friends. Things are somehow much quieter and much crazier at the same time now that we are "older". I love that we can host gatherings and make new memories in our home. It really seems that each year has its own wonderful blessings, and we are so grateful for those we had in 2014! Love to you all!



1 comment:

Laurie said...

Great job on all of your hosting duties. You make it look easy! Happy Birthday to you. Love you