Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Night with the In-Laws

Seth and I went over to his parents house tonight to celebrate our nephew, Zach's, 8th birthday. While it is ALWAYS a pleasure to see "the gang", you just never know what to expect during a night at the in-laws. After coming home and discussing the evening, I couldn't believe all the funny/strange/very wrong things said. Here is a sampling:

  • Debby has read FIFTY (yes, 50) books so far this summer. And not just little stories; big, honking NOVELS. She is my hero.
  • Dan (out of the blue): "So did you guys ever do shrooms in Missoula?"
  • Hannah (4 years old, and also totally out of the blue during dinner): "When are you gonna get the babies?"
  • Seth: "I almost choked on a cherry pit today. That would have hurt coming out." This was followed by a hasty chastising from Gaaby for talking about his "bum" during dinner. Seth's reply: "Not my bum. My bowel movements. Well... potential bowel movements."
  • Debby (while eating): "I need a hair tie. Wouldn't want to drip in my food!"
  • While Hannah was playing with some Gak that made fart noises: Debby - "Good one! That sounded wet!"
I hope you get the gist of it. These people crack me up. I'm heading to Wisconsin on Monday with Seth and his dad to visit Seth's 96 year old grandma and a few aunt and uncles. I should come back with a couple gems if history has taught me anything.


2 comments:

Dave said...

So... the Schuyler side of the family is trully the NORMAL side....right??????
Love,
Ma Sky

Anonymous said...

I love it because I can really see each of these people saying these things and I love them too!