This has been the summer of love. I have attended six weddings since spring, and have been delighted to see several dear friends take the plunge.
Jenn and I have been friends since ... well... I can't say "the womb", as she is a year younger than me, but you get the idea. She married Chris in a beautiful, simple wedding by the river. The sermonette was fabulous - an analogy between marriage and fishing (the menfolk were "hooked"). The wedding was a perfect mirror of what Chris and Jenn love: each other and the outdoors.

Dale (Cookie) walking his daughter down the "aisle".

"I think we all know that Chris has finally caught his trophy."

Ma and Pa Schuyler - if only I had footage of dad's now-famous moonwalking/Love Shack moves he performed at the reception.

My mom with other people's children - Karen's to be exact. This is how my mom works best - taking care of other people's babes. She's so great.
My friend Ren was also married recently. Ren and I have been friends since high school and were roommates for a year in college. She has been globe trotting for a while (Japan/Chicago), but she and her new hubby Chad are now planted back in town, and I am thrilled at the prospect of spending more time with her and getting to know Chad better. Ren's wedding was beautiful as well in a detailed, stunning ceremony at her parent's house. The reception was gloriously decorated and the downpour only made the tent more cozy and romantic. Lovely.

First dance between bride and groom; there were lessons involved.

Ren claims to remember very little of the actual wedding due to nerves. Her face was priceless.
Finally, there are several lovely ladies expecting bundles in the coming months. My sister-in-law, Reese is due in September, Karissa is due at the end of July, and Kaylie is due in the beginning of August. The first shower has been thrown, and was a tremendous success. Karissa threw a beautiful shower for Kaylie, who has been an absolute joy to be around during her pregnancy.

Aubyn was the proud winner of "Guess that S*%t" game. And I'm sure she would have won even if I hadn't had the answers written on a sheet strategically placed very close to her. I'm sure of it.
So congratulations to all you beautiful people to whom beautiful things are happening right now. It has been an absolute pleasure to share with you in your happiest days!

2 comments:
Hurray for Happy happenings! You are quite the busy gal :)
I learned a lot from the baby shower game, such as: I trust my friends not to put real poop in the diaper game, and I can see why I got caught cheating in the 2nd grade (spelling test) as I am not super stealth...
This post brought a little tear to my eye. Ok, so you know that doesn't take much, but stil... Thank you for being so involved and supportive. Please, thank your dad for his dance moves.
Post a Comment