I'm sitting here on Seth's ever so comfy air mattress in Pocatello, Idaho. I drove up on Thursday with only Seth's well written directions to guide me. Thanks to various landmarks ("You'll pass through a tiny-ass town, Silver Star", "Blue Anchor bar across the street from your turn", "Look for the ridiculously huge Budweiser banner") and fairly clear skies, I made it there with no problems.
It's been lovely here so far. While Seth went to class, I slept in and then reveled in the forgotten pleasure of cable T.V. Did you know that they actually DO play music videos in the morning? I didn't. I also didn't know most of the songs, but that was part of the fun. I lounged, read, and watched TV for a large portion of the morning before donning my ipod and walking to campus in search of a coffee shop.
Contrary to what Seth may tell you, Pocatello has a beautiful campus. It's very well maintained, the buildings are quite modern, and everything is compact. I found the student union building, grabbed a cup of joe and got lost in my latest summer read.
So far, we've enjoyed lunch and the World Cup with his classmates, the terribly awkward cheap-theater showing of McGruber, dinner out on the town, and more soccer. Oh, the soccer. I haven't had to compete with Fifa for Seth's attention since he used to play it on Playstation in high school. It is fun to see world wide mania for a sport though. And soccer players have amazing legs, am I right, ladies?
Today we are meeting Seth's peeps again for lunch and the USA vs. England match. After that, the day is ours, and we haven't a clue what we will do with it. I will be leaving probably Monday for Billings. Birdie tends to get lonely if I'm away for more than five days.
While talking at dinner last night, we realized that Seth only has a relatively short time left here. He has about two more weeks of hardcore studying before they switch to a different type of module to learn about ER. He will be home for an extended weekend over the fourth of July, and will be home for about two weeks in August before beginning his first real rotation, Outpatient, in Pocatello. Yes, we were bummed about his first rotation being in Idaho, but what can you do? At least he won't have to search for a place to live and move all of his things around. After all, what's six weeks after eleven months?
We're hanging in there, and the light is at the end of the tunnel! Go toward the light!
3 comments:
Hurray for leisure time because we, your adoring public, get fantastic blog posts!
I liked Seth's directions, I could almost hear him say them :)
btw, what are ya reading?
I'm so glad that you get time with your beloved and that this season of separation is coming to an end. Sounds like a lovely weekend - haven't had to watch any soccer just yet, but Rob's very much a fan, so I'm sure my time will come. :)
THANK GOD Chris doesn't enjoy watching soccer. I didn't mind it live in high school, when my hormones were raging, but now...
I am also glad you have leisure time to fill your blog page because I just love it!
Post a Comment