Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A "real classroom"

I like to keep my students desks in "pods" or groups, as we do lots of hands on activities, games, and group work. This way, the kids are already grouped and learn to work together. I rearranged desks this week, and put the kids into rows, just to see if I liked it and if it worked for the classroom set up.

One of the kids came in and said, "Woah, you changed our desks?!?"
"I sure did!" I answered.
"Wow, I guess you finally wanted us to look like a real classroom, huh?"
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Well, real classrooms sit in rows."

Huh, news to me!

3 comments:

Kayla Powell said...

A 'real classroom' has:

-rows
-no snacks
-boring
-uptight, STRAIGHT haired teacher.

Your classroom will never be 'normal'.

lanerdoo said...

Good point Kayla.
Pods are the best, cause it is easier to cheat :)

aubyn said...

This from a kid the same age as I saw on Ellen today, whose favorite subject in school was, "train". Oh, 1st grade!