Brief Bits via Bullets
- Seth left for Driggs today. He is staying at Teton Mountain View Lodge. They gave him a good deal ($700 for the six weeks) and will have a hot tub, coin laundry and continental breakfast. If it weren't for the crippling loneliness, I'd almost be a little jealous.
- We celebrated Valentine's Day last weekend. We went to Montana Sky on the 20th floor of the Crown Plaza and had a fancy meal followed by finding Cold Smoke beer from Missoula at one of our local establishments. Happiness ensued.
- I bought 5 fabulous new skeins of yarn yesterday and promptly crocheted four (yes, 4!) hats. I am still working on the knitted one I began over 8 weeks ago, but can crochet four in one day. It's good to feel productive. One is for me and the other three are for Baby Gannett due in April.
- I am seriously considering selling hats to Holly for her to use as photography props. She said she would love to use them for props and then could set up an Etsy account for me to sell them. I'm thinking this would be a fun way to make a little money this summer.
- Speaking of yarn, Ren's new yarn shop, Purl, opens in March and I am practically giddy with excitement.
- Boards are coming along. I've pretty much finished 2 of the four portfolio entries. My "mentor" assigned to me by OPI (Office of Public Instruction) read the first one and said it was "a treat to read" which I hope is a good indicator. Most people do not pass all 4 portfolio entries the first time, so it's important I keep that in mind. The next two are the hardest, as they have to be video taped. The tough part is that I can't have an "accidental" awesome lesson - I really have to plan for it and have someone else video tape me.
- I cruised through The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. It's a little sci-fi ish and I think meant for teenagers, but I loved it. I downloaded them on the ipad, which I didn't think I would like (WRONG- I loved reading on the ipad!) and read all three in about three weeks. Check them out for a quick little read.
3 comments:
Wow! Thank you for updating. I just love hearing about your life, that's all.
I'm pleased to hear you and Seth had a nice Valentines together. It is well deserved, and I can't wait for you to fancy up your crafting skills this summer by selling- I think it's a great idea.
Once again, still love you, still miss you!
K
I love the prop/etsy idea... brilliant!
Glad to hear that Seth has reasonable and handy accomodations. I would love to have breakfast provided every morning and a hot tub that I didn't have to maintain. Right on.
As for the Boards, I have every confidence that you are going to blow them out of the water. You have the drive and the passion, and I know you've got this.
Great update, Thanks!
Your blog is a pleasure to read as well!
Montana Sky looks nice, is it revamped from the petroleum club or whatever that restaurant was?
I have seen the Hunger Games books all over. I am happy to hear they are neat, and that you like reading on the IPad! I actually haven't done that yet. Now I will try! Not just for games and watching videos, eh?
Post a Comment