Two point seven six miles. One thousand, five hundred people.
We went to high school with more people than that.
Right now the big issue is housing. So far, all the school has come up with for him is a motel for $275 a week - if he doesn't want to share a bathroom. There are no amenities, no way for him to cook food or do laundry. This is not a sweet deal, but so far we haven't found anything better.
On the plus side, Driggs is very close to Targhee and Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and Seth plans to get in some snowboarding. They even have a shuttle that goes straight to Targhee. We're wondering if maybe he will need to live in Jackson and commute in, but that could be outrageously expensive.
So... we prepare ourself for another adventure! Hopefully, since Seth will be in a tiny town, he will get to do a lot of the procedures on his own, which will be good experience. Also, he hasn't been snowboarding in a long time, and next to fishing and soccer, this is is favorite way to relax. While he's gone, I plan to bust out my sewing machine I got for Christmas and get to work on some easy beginner projects. I also have to do a knit or crochet a few gift items for friends. Finally, I can focus on my boards and devote my time to that while he is away.
Don't I sound positive?
Sigh.
5 comments:
Even the name, 'Driggs', sounds lame-o. You are on the home-stretch, sister, just a few more months! Feel free to pass the time with a visit to Bozeman. :)
Oddly enough, I know at least one of those residents. Possibly two if one of my high school friends still lives there. Weird.
Well, Addie???? Can ya hook a brotha up? He just needs a roof and a microwave. Seriously.
And thanks, Reese. I might have to take you up on that. Those boys are medicine to my soul!
Oi! I'm with Reese, it sounds dreary. I wish I could help you out, that is some pricey livin :(
I can always ask!
Post a Comment