Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Thursday, March 17, 2011

... and that's BEFORE the cost of coffee

I have spent $1,565 on National Boards. That is AFTER a nice fat $1,500 scholarship from Helena.

I have 37 video taped lessons in my flip video Library. I am using two of them.

I have fifty-three double spaced, twelve point, Times New Roman font, typed pages. This is about nine pages over my limit, by the way.

I am now known (by sight, name, and drink order) at three local coffee shops... If I wasn't before.

I now know that my favorite music to type to is Ray LaMontagne or Adele radio on Pandora. I cannot type to Mumford and Sons because my toe-tapping tends to interfere.

I cannot work at my house. At all. Ever.

But... I'm almost there. I just typed my last page. I will spend the next week editing and revising and trimming those beautiful, carefully selected sentences down to the allotted length. Then I will gather the verification forms, cover letters, bar codes and envelopes. I will lay it all out in my classroom (with the help of someone who has done this) and I will organize those stunningly perfect white sheets and ship them off to someone who will hopefully appreciate my superfluous, often overly-wordy writing.

And then I will sigh a deep sigh of relief and I will join society once again!

Oh wait... actually... I just remembered. Now that I'm done with the portfolio, I'd better start studying for the test.

Still... progress.

4 comments:

aubyn said...

Hurray! you are amazing, lady! Way to go, I am so proud of you.
Baristas are supposed to remember you and your drink, it is in their manifesto!

lanerdoo said...

YAY! You aren't really in trouble until your baristas start friending you on facebook :) I can't imagine writing 9 pages MORE than allotted, I always struggled to add the necessary fluff.

I'm proud of you. period.

Reese said...

No small accomplishment, indeed! There is a reason not all teachers attempt it...it's for the elite! Which you are, of course.

Anonymous said...

Are they gone? Have you shipped them outta here??!!