Each time happened while Seth was out of town.
The first time, I called Seth's friend Andy (my friend Karissa's husband) because they live right up the road from us. I had a window air conditioning unit right next to the door, and Andy took it out, reached his gorilla arm through the window and unlocked the door. Success!
The second time, my mom and sister were over, and we (with the "help" from my very creepy neighbor) managed to break in.
The last time, I had been out with a friend and my phone died. The wind had been blowing very hard, so I had used the little tiny hook thingy to lock the screen door. Then I left out the front door (to which I had lost my key - see first paragraph). Upon arriving home, I found myself locked out. Keep in mind I have my key to the door, I just can't get to the door because I locked that stupid screen door! And of course, my phone is dead. So I did what any logical girl would do... I hurled myself against the front door like a human battering ram, knowing that the lock was loose, and a piece of junk, and could crumble at any moment. To no avail. So I went around the side again and noticed a little hole in the screen. Without thinking, I took out my keys and sliced a two foot hole in that screen like I was a ninja and it was human flesh. I flipped up the little hook lock thingy and boom - I was in.
Now... all that brings us to today. Apparently I did break that lock in the front door. And now it wouldn't open at all. So I called the Slum Lord *ahem* LANDlord, and told him the lock was broken and our screen door was falling apart. He ordered a new screen door and replaced the knob and lock on the front door. So Seth and I ran out and made new keys. We decided, knowing my track record, it would be wise to hide one outside somewhere.
So we set about looking for a good hiding place. The whole time I had this weird feeling of Deja Vu. Finally I found the perfect spot. I lifted up the secret cover to place the key and what did I see?
A key.
To my front door.
It had been there the whole time.
At least I know it's a good hiding place I guess.
7 comments:
I'd like to see your ninja moves, as long as you aren't slicing my flesh.
What a funny sequence. I had no idea you were so forgetful. I particularly enjoy envisioning you throwing your body at the door. Priceless.
Glad you got your doors fixed!
:)
Awesome. Totally awesome. And I carry a spare house AND car key in my purse... because you just never know.
We hid one at the new house. But can't remember where. You should also give one to your mom and, or the Wilson's just in case. I DO know you very well.
If only the school district knew how many calculators were squandered on "Mrs. Wilson"
I love your forgetfulness, your ninjaness, and your writing!
Laughing!! and relating....
Post a Comment