Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Monday, April 11, 2011

Attention Billings Residents

If you are living within the Billings viewing area, tune in to KTVQ (channel 2) this evening at 5:30. My class received the "One Class at a Time" Grant from First Interstate Bank and Q2. A father of one of my students wrote the grant after I had mentioned our need for more board games at Guest Helper center.

I have a different parent volunteer come in every day and play academic board games with the kids at Literacy Centers, and the two or three that I have are getting pretty old and boring after 145 days of rotating through them.

The grant provides us with $250 for educational board games! They surprised us last Tuesday, and are showing the footage tonight and tomorrow morning. I'm sure I look like a dork, but it's still exciting, so please tune in if you can!

Also, I have a little list of board games and card games going in my head - Scrabble Jr., Ratuki, Apples to Apples Jr., Boggle Jr., Clue, etc. that will help with phonics, number sense, or problem solving. If you have any other great ideas, I'd love to hear them!

1 comment: