Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Friday, April 1, 2011

One of those weeks

Sunday: Spent five hours at school organizing, filling out cover sheets and forms, numbering pages, and otherwise organizing my National Board crap.

Tuesday: Had to say goodbye to Seth again for another (hopefully his last) long distance rotation. He is in Idaho Falls for six weeks in pediatrics. Go ahead, ask him how excited he is about working with children.

Wednesday: Half-days (my nemesis, as we have almost the same amount of instruction time, but with no breaks or recesses) followed by student-led conferences. I actually love these. We work incredibly hard to prepare for these, but when the time comes, the children are always phenomenal. They show their parents different skills at different stations. Parents can see if they really struggle (ouch) or if they sail on through. It's a chance for the kids to reflect on the why of what we do, and for parents to see the how. However, it's still always a little nerve racking having those parents in my room, critiquing me and my little minions.

Thursday: More of the same. MAILED MY BOARDS! I thought I would feel better, but I only felt worse once they left my hands. Suddenly, I had no control over what will happen. And that sucks. Sorry, mom. Also, a co-worker going through a rough time at home brought her baggage to work and managed to ruin my day. I don't get mad often but hooooo boy was I ticked. I've walked this gal through fire and she choose to use me as a punching bag for the last time. Argh.

Friday: Last day of conferences! Attempted to reconcile with said co-worker to no avail. Argh. One of the joys of working with WAY too many women. We tend to sync up and become overly sensitive the same week. Terrible, I tell ya. Bought some bi*ch beer (again... sorry mom) and had big plans to drink a few while watching Supernanny and thinking righteously about how my kids will be perfect thanks to my expert parenting. When suddenly...

What do I see pull up to the curb? A blue Subaru Legacy. My husband. He drove all the way from Idaho Falls to come home to me. Now I've got Boards mailed, Conferences done, report cards sent, sugary malt-liquor beverages in the fridge, two chick flicks, and... MY HUSBAND. What else matters?

1 comment:

Grammie Perrine said...

"omnia vincit amor" Love Conquers All....