Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Miscellaneous Madness

  • I procrastinate. Badly. Every year, I know that Christmas is coming December 25th, and every year I run around like a crazy person the week before trying to get my poop in a group. It's ridiculous. This year is no exception.
  • I've lost a substantial amount of weight since this little "diet" experiment a few months ago. I don't miss my carbs as much as I thought I would (except for that first week of course... I would have clawed out a kittens eyes just to eat an English Muffin that first week). My pants are falling off me, and I'm wearing clothes that have been shoved into the back of the closet for years. Feeling good and ready to make this work!
  • I was on the news. Kulr8 interviewed me about my National Board Certification. Quite exciting! This makes the 3rd time I've been on the news, and this one is much better than the story that ran after I ran that stop sign and totaled the cop car!
  • Seth is working hard at Riverstone! He's seen a few crazy patients already, participated in his fair share of shame-inducing acts, and received positive feedback from the doctors with whom he works. We attended his annual Office Party Ugly Sweater Pub Crawl, and I discovered that when you work hard, apparently you play hard too! Those doctors know how to let loose!
  • Birdie loves our Christmas tree. I do too this year. It's a little less "full" than ones we've gotten in the past, but that allows me to see all my purdy ornaments! In my opinion, there can never be enough glitter.
  • Business is booming. I'm keeping busy with regular hat orders. Not enough to stress me out, but enough to keep me working and feeling like this is worthwhile! Unfortunately, this also left little time for personal/Christmas gift items (see the first bullet).
  • Seth's poor mama has to have another back surgery on December 22nd. She somehow managed to break a titanium rod in her back and will be out of commission for quite some time. This will affect our Christmas celebrations, although we haven't yet worked out exactly how. 
  • I love Christmas in my classroom. My kids are crazy, but so excited. They looked good enough to eat the day of their holiday program. They earned a class celebration and we watched The Grinch (the old cartoon version). It made me smile just to watch them laugh at poor little Max as he hauled that sleigh up Mt. Crumpet. We will have Polar Express day on Thursday and I will love them more than ever as I watch them sipping hot cocoa and watching the movie. Love it.
  • Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

lanerdoo said...

Way to go you! Lots of accomplishments in the past month or two: starting a business, passing the boards, losing enough weight to warrant a new wardrobe! I'm so proud and happy for you :) I also love hearing about your class and how much you love them. It is endearing. Good stuff. It is crazy out there, in the shopping arena, good luck with that!

Unknown said...

Long distance dedication to you- Drake's "They Know". Especially the line, "We're drinking every night because we're drinking to my accomplishments...." We are doing the drinking to your accomplishments, because of the carbs in beer? Maybe we drink a nice Iced Tea?

I am really happy for you Janelle! And Seth, I bet it is good to use those skills he has worked hard to acquire. Loves!

Grammie Perrine said...

It is my birthday today and when I saw a NEW "Lessons and Laughter" post, I thought Woo Hoo..my first birthday prezzie! Thank you for your humor and good heart. I love getting to know you thru your blog. You rock!

Laurie said...

I am so very proud of all of your accomplishments. Weight loss, and boards, and your classroom. I too spoke of your accident with the police car many, many years ago, to encouarage a mom of a new teenage driver who had a fender bender. They love that story. Christmas break will be soon, and we will figure all of your Christmas avtivities. Love you.
Mom

Mimi Salonen said...

uh Janelle- I just love your blog. Couple things that made me smile- no matter what I feel that Seth will always know how to let loose. and 2 I lol'd at the thought of you totaling a cop car. priceless or pricey...either way you look at it it's still funny. :) Merry Christmas Scotts!