Baby Wilson is here! Well... not here... more like in there. But the point is that in about six months or so, Seth and I will be parents. After an unusually emotional week with an almost unnatural need for peanut butter, I took a test and was immediately floored. Literally. I dropped to my knees and thanked God over and over for that extra line!
Seth was thrilled, and we are already making our way through our list of Burton Gustor's nicknames from Psych for our potential name list. I like Ghee Buttersnaps, and Seth likes Lavendar Goom or Squirts MacIntosh. Oh the weighty decisions of potential parents!
I started getting sick around week 6 and, when it changed to twice a day and sometimes in the middle of the night, I turned in my Man Card and started taking B6 and Unisom. I haven't thrown up since! We've got a wonderful Doctor who Seth worked with during his OBGYN rotation, and I'm thrilled with her. The first ultrasound was thrilling, and the second (the heartbeat was tough to find via doppler so I got another!) was even better with visible limbs flailing and a jump rivaling an NBA star.
Like I said, we're just thrilled and are anxiously awaiting each milestone. While I'm excited for December 2nd, I'm determined to enjoy as much of the whole pregnancy experience as I can! I've waited a long time for this, and I want to soak it all up!
This was at the first appointment... maybe week 6? Anyway, the bright circle is (contrary to popular belief) not the baby. It's the yolk sack. That blob above it is the baby (or so they tell me).
Today: Week 11 - If you really focus and use your imagination, you'll see the head at the bottom with a little body curving up and to the left. Focus even harder and you'll see his/her tiny leg and bum!


8 comments:
Hip HIp hooray!! I am so very happy for the Wilsons!!! I cannot see the baby in these pictures :( I would make a terrible radiologist.
Cheers to you and your new adventure!
Haha! Loved the video. Also, smug-away, my dear sister! You deserve to enjoy and soak up every moment of this. I can't wait to hold her in my arms for Christmas!
Yes, Her.
LOVE YOU.
Your reaction brought me to tears. So happy for you, enjoy!
Oh, Janelle, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on the smugness, and I love the idea of Burton Guster nicknames. I floated the idea of "August" as a name so we could nickname baby "Gus," but Rob said something about only girls being named after months, blah blah blah.
So excited for you and Seth!!!
AAAH! Congratulations! What wonderful news to wake up to this morning!
So many adventures ahead! Thanks for taking all our baby stuff. :)
Well, all I can say is HALLELUJAH! And ...that is one lucky, lucky baby!
Yay! Congratulations Wilson's!! Yes do enjoy your pregnancy as much as you can, it goes by fast.
Post a Comment