It's a strange place in which to be... a purgatory of sorts.
We're having a baby, but you can't really tell. I've quit throwing up, I'm sleeping just fine, and I'm only just barely starting to show. If it weren't for the incredible blurry black and white photos on my fridge, I'd never know I was pregnant. And yet... apparently I should be worrying about daycare... for next February. And cribs, and car seats, and Love and Logic, and, and, and...
It's tricky because it just doesn't quite feel real yet, and we can't really do any of the things I'd like to do until I know what colors to buy. Which we will hopefully know in July! Until then, I'm just going to try to enjoy not "feeling" pregnant, because from what I've seen and heard it won't last long and in a few months, I'll be pining for the days of my oblivious pregnancy.
Also, we've "bought" a house, but it isn't our house yet. We've made an offer, it was accepted. Had an inspection, it went splendidly. Signed the loan papers, Seth cried only a little when he realized his boat may be years farther down the road than he thought. But we don't close until July 9th. Until then, anything really could happen, but we're crossing fingers and fantasizing about this perfect first home!
So, I want to get my butt in gear and start moving, but I have a month until I can! I want to buy new things for all the glorious space, but I know we will soon be completely and absolutely broke (broke, but sitting on the new carpet in AN AIR CONDITIONED HOUSE on the floor - worth it just for the AC). The house is in a great neighborhood with 2,600 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a deck, a patio, a yard, a fence, a basement... it's all that we don't have right now. We cannot wait. But wait we must.
So, while we are antsy for all the goodness we have coming to GET HERE ALREADY, we are also trying to just sit back and enjoy the calm before the storm. Waiting, but knowing that there are some amazing things just around the corner!
3 comments:
What a perfectly perfect way to say it! You are about to dive head first into the rest of your lives, home-ownership and a new human.
So excited and happy and anxious for you guys, thanks for sharing it with us.
P.S. Seth and Chris need to get Bryce to buy the boat and they can both mooch off him for once...
Life: Always waiting for the next thing. I have had this conversation with Kayla too. Waiting Waiting and some more waiting, that is what we all do. I am so excited for the baby and the house. I will keep bringing you boxes. Love you
Wahoooo! How perfectly exciting! So many wonderful things happening in your life, we are just thrilled for you.
Post a Comment