Mother's Day 2012 started out with a bang as two of my favorite people from school and I participated in the Women's Run. Over 8,700 other women did too, so it was a sea of purple and spandex as women walked, ran, limped, jogged, and chatted their way through downtown Billings. Deb somehow talked me into the five mile, and we speed walked the whole way. It was a great chance to be with my new teaching partners (both will be teaching second grade with me next year) and get some much needed Vitamin D.
After the walk, Kayla and I took Mom to Red Lodge for an afternoon of (more) walking, shopping, coffee drinking, eating, giggling, and story telling. We convinced mom to tell us our birth stories, which was fun, and we spent the day enjoying each other's company. My mom (as you all know) is superb. She's kind, generous, smart, tough, loving... all that you could want in a mommy. Thanks, mom for all you do!
 |
| Mom and I post-"run" |
|
In other news, school is really winding down fast! Fourteen days (but who's counting?) left of first grade. Most of my darlings will be following me up, which means we'll be able to hit the ground running without worrying about testing, finding levels, learning routines, etc. However, it also means I can't use anything I've ever done before as they've all seen it. Luckily, I'm blessed with a dream team of teaching partners, who have promised to hold my hand and wipe my tears as I learn the ropes. I'm very excited to be moving on and trying something new.
Even more exciting though, is the prospect of summer vacation. Sweet, sweet summer. No solid plans yet, except to move (still looking for the perfect house), hang with Kayla, Holly, Jenn, Karissa, and Ren, knit, sew, read, walk, and generally chill. Also the end of June will bring Kaylie's wedding to Scott! I'm so excited to put on some fancy heels and kick up my feet with my closest friends in celebration of a love that's been years in the making!
 |
| Holly's sweet little Ella and I - we're going to cause some trouble this summer! |
 |
| Some of Kaylie's wedding party - so excited to spend more time with these girls! |
As mentioned, we're still looking for the perfect house. We've got some prospects, but there always seems to be a detail holding us back. We don't want to settle or rush, so we will continue looking until the right one comes along.
 |
| Holly was kind enough to snap some pics of the Hub and I. Ain't he handsome?!? |
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! It's been such a joy and privilege to watch my friends transform into amazing mothers!
1 comment:
Hurray for all the mommas! I am so impressed with your MILES!!
We had our graduation on Friday, and summer school starts Wednesday! No rest for the wicked :(
A trip to NC should be in your summer plans!!!!
Post a Comment