Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Slugs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails...




... That's what little boys are made of.


Seth and I went in to our ultrasound on Friday the 13th with no expectations - neither one of us ever got a "feeling" regarding Baby Dubya's gender. Because I was hoping for a girl (my God, the lace and bows!), I also made sure to prepare myself for a boy (you've seen my brother's family, right?) and the day of the ultrasound I felt totally at peace and ready to know who was growing in my belly.

The tech was all business and, somewhere in the middle of all those (perfect) measurements, she said, "And there's the penis. It's a boy," before promptly moving on to something as mundane as femur length. "It's a boy?!?" is about all I had time to mutter before being overwhelmed by complete happiness at finally feeling like I know this crazy being inside of me.

Baby W is healthy as a 20 week fetus can be! Measuring right on target for a Dec. 3 due date, and the doc confirmed that the poking and prodding and bubbling I've been feeling are probably him. I've been wary to call it baby movements for fear of sweet talking to gas bubbles.

In the middle of all the craziness, Seth and I somehow managed to move into and buy our house! We are now proud homeowners of our beautiful mansion (to us at least). Air conditioning, a garbage disposal, a dishwasher - all things I can't believe I own! We cannot thank our moving crew enough.  Jenn even spent an ENTIRE day... in a 95 degree house... cleaning walls, washing blinds and wiping down cupboards. Mom came over and helped me unpack and organize the entire kitchen and much more. I am a blessed girl indeed. Thank you, everyone!

Little Beckett helped as much as he could before Jenn made him a bed of my clean clothes for an afternoon nap. I was insanely jealous.


My beautiful functional kitchen (thanks to Ma Sky), cat rug included. 




Additionally, Kayla headed back to Virginia to be reunited with her hubs. Now that I'm all alone in my big house, I miss her more than ever, but I know she's where she should be.

And one more set of updates:
1. This dress fit perfectly one week before Kaylie's wedding to Scott McBride. I put in on the day of and nearly suffocated each time I attempted sitting or putting on shoes. Baby is growing, man.
2. Kaylie married Scott in a beautiful outdoor ceremony in Big Sky overlooking the river. What a stunning celebration of God's perfect timing!
3. Karissa went into pre-term labor with her twins at 31 weeks and was hospitalized for a few days. No one thought she'd be able to make it to the wedding. Once again, God's plans trumped ours! She not only made it to the wedding, but recently delivered her perfectly healthy twins on ... get this... the one day Kaylie was in Billings after her honeymoon! Babies are in the NICU for a few more days to gain some weight, but everyone is healthy and happy, praise God!

What a whirlwind it has been!

I'd also like to prepare you in advance for some photos. Kayla has threatened me within an inch of my life to post belly pics. Since my actual belly has never seen the light of day, you can at least be assured that I will be fully clothed. But if you're the type that hates those silly pictures of women with their hands caressing their growing lumps... sorry. It's happening.


4 comments:

Kayla Powell said...

Caress that shyt!

I LOVE YOU.

Nate & Danielle said...

I LOVE BELLY PICS!!! Post away!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

It's Happening!
That is the theme for the entire post! I am so happy for you guys and your new adventures! I delight in everyone's reasons to celebrate (notice that they all have to do with love? or even... lovin')
I love that pic of Beckett in your clothes, he is so sweet.

Laurie said...

I can help you take some belly pictures and then some house pictures. Sounds like good times to me.