Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Rounding Out

As requested (Kayla and Danielle!!)....

14 weeks and reluctantly agreeing to my first belly pic
Am I showing NOW?!?
15 Weeks
16 weeks
17 weeks
19 weeks
20 weeks
21 weeks
23 weeks

Ok! There you have it (Kayla and Danielle)! For someone who has spent her entire life AVOIDING having people stare at my stomach, it's been a big adjustment to have so much attention focused on the area I am used to hiding.

Mostly I'm feeling good - at my last appointment I was only up six pounds total, which was great. Hopefully I'll continue this slow, steady growth. I've been less attentive to the scale, knowing that this month baby will DOUBLE in size again (keep in mind he's already a full pound in there!). I never thought I'd have trouble dealing with the change in my shape, but some days it's tough to see the baby through all my past insecurities. Everyone has a different reaction to my size - from "I'd never have guessed you were pregnant!" to "I wondered but I didn't want to ask," to "You finally popped!" The main thing is that baby is healthy, my clothes still fit, and I feel fantastic.

Baby is a-movin' and a-shakin' in there... sometimes a rolling sensation that makes me feel slightly seasick, sometimes a heaviness on my bladder (more and more common these days), and my favorite, the sharp pokes and prods of legs and arms. He's kicking hard enough now for Seth to feel him, as long as we're lying quietly.

My next appointment is on Thursday - it will be quick check with measurements and heartbeat. The following appointment will be the glucose test, and unfortunately I will have to take a half of a day form work. This is tricky, seeing as how we'll only have been in school for a couple of weeks. Luckily, since my kids are following me to second grade, we should already have routines and procedures down and things should go smoothly (right?!?).

Seth and I are beginning to realize that, holy crap, we're having a baby. Now sitting at six months in, I wonder if we should start buying things soon? We have a bassinet (thank you, Reese!), a glider (stolen from my classroom - poor kids), and maybe 4 outfits. I don't know what I'm waiting for, but I'm having a hard time bringing myself to buy things. Is this strange? When I first found out I was pregnant, it was all I could do to stop myself from shopping. Strange, I tell ya.

In other news, things are splendid in the Wilson household. I visited Flathead Lake, went to my 10 year reunion, painted a bookshelf, am making a bench out of a coffee table, and am getting my classroom organized. Sounds like another post entirely, doesn't it? I agree...

Check back soon!

6 comments:

Kayla Powell said...

Nellsie, you look beautiful and perfect and I can only say that I'm regretful for not being around to see and feel you grow...but I'm happy to hear that you're happy and doing well. I sure do miss you! I can't wait to meet your little man, and am praying for him daily! Love.

Unknown said...

You look great! 6 months! I can hardly believe it. I am glad you are feeling good, and I bet you would go shopping if Billings had an Ikea.... :) Special trip to Denver or Seattle, maybe? (Charlotte has an Ikea, then you can come visit me too.)

Congratulations Wilsons! keep up the good work :)

Addie said...

Fantastic! Looking good, mama. I couldn't bring myself to buy much of anything either, but I didn't know the sex. I also wrestled with not permitting myself to imagine bringing a real, live baby home... so I didn't have some pretty basic things, like a pad for the changing table (but I had diapers and the changing table itself - WIN!). Kind of shot myself in the foot there and had some catch-up to do after we got home. The good news is that, other than diapers and a few onesies, you don't NEED much right away, so you can wait to start shopping until you feel like it!

Congrats on your son. What an exciting time! Good luck on the glucose test: if they don't offer it over ice with a straw, bring your own. You can suck it down faster with a straw and the ice makes it more tolerable. :)

Laurie said...

Love the pictures and my newest grandson! Don't worry about the shopping. You will be just fine! So excited for you guys(and me too)

lanerdoo said...

You look wonderful! Just perfect. I have started shopping for you... kind of. I'm sure you will be well supplied :)

Nate & Danielle said...

Okay first of all, HOW DID I MISS THIS??! I'm just now seeing this post and you remind me SO much of my belly when I was preggo! Not to mention that you're completely adorable!! 17 weeks is my favorite outfit of yours & 21 weeks is my favorite belly bump of yours so far ;) Looking forward to your blog posts throughout this journey!!