Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Monday, September 3, 2012

A Pregnant Pause

 24 Weeks - I think


 25 weeks


26 weeks

Which puts me here at 27 weeks (no picture yet). This is my last week in the second trimester, and I simply cannot believe it. The little bugger is sitting pretty at 2 pounds, opening his eyes, hearing my voice, hiccuping, and still growing! Now that school has started, I've noticed a definite pattern to his days as well as mine - he gets moving around 10 (snack time), 3 (yes, time for me to eat again), and then very active right after school (as I lay on the couch exhausted, imagining cooking dinner) and before bed. He also loves showers, jumps like a crazy kid after each one, and hates it when I sit cross legged - no room? 

I have my glucose screening on Thursday and am so excited for another doctor's appointment. I'll drink whatever you tell me to if I can just hear his heart beat for a few seconds! While I am not anticipating nor hoping for a large baby, I was a measuring a week and a half "larger" than my due date calculations at my last appointment. Part of me is hoping for another off measurement on Thursday, resulting in a "medically necessary" ultrasound! But the other part of me is praying for a tiny eency weency teeny weeny baby... for obvious reasons. 

The nursery is in pretty much the same condition. We have been gifted a beautiful bassinet and swing from Reece, and I stole a glider from my classroom (yes, my students noticed. Rats). Other than that... well... we're slow on the uptake I suppose. We have been given lots of good hand me down clothes though, and Seth and I bought a carseat last weekend. So now I at least feel like we could technically bring the baby home if we needed to. Means of transportation, place to sleep, clothes to wear. Bare minimums - covered!

As far as this pregnancy goes, I feel blessed to have felt as wonderful as I have for so long! My only complaints lately are the dull ache in my lower back I feel about once a week (you should see how ridiculous I look rolling around on the yoga ball to soothe it - yikes) and an occasional sharp shooting pain, also in my lower back. I'm going to ask my Dr. about chiropractics, as sometimes it's quite debilitating. Other than that though, I'm doing quite well! Maintaining energy throughout the day and still sleeping well at night. Thank GOD!

Seth and I are growing anxious to meet the little man. After staring blankly at rows of carseats in several stores, I will admit that I had a break down. A crying, nose-dripping, what-the-hell-are-we-doing-having-a-baby-we-know-absolutely-nothing kind of breakdown. But Seth (and numerous freinds) assured me that no one knows what they're doing, and we will be just fine. The next weekend, I put on my big girl pants (literally - they are quite big these days) and picked one out! All by ourselves! I can't wait to see if little boy has lots of hair or is bald, is chubby or scrawny, has Seth's nose or mine... but I will let him cook for a bit longer. 

I keep meaning to take pictures of both the house and my room - and I will! I just need to focus on one thing at a time right now. Stay tuned!
 


5 comments:

Nate & Danielle said...

No one ever has a clue what they're doing at first..welcome to parenthood! A couple days after we brought Ayden home from the hospital, I had a sloppy, ugly cry fest to nate about how I couldn't believe we had a kid, who cries & cries, hates my boobs, and ya know..all the normal stuff. Life changes & you change with it! 7 months later and we're all still alive, so I figure we're doing something right & you will too! :)

p.s. your preggo pics are ADORABLE!!!!

Kayla Powell said...

I agree with Danielle! You are looking amazing, and I'm just dying to meet my newest nephew.

Good job on picking out a carseat -- yikes! Now you're ready to 'bring home baby'. Don't be ashamed about breakdowns, I have them daily over things like 'But I wanted VANILLA yogurt, not blueberry!' ...so I think you win.

I love you, sister. I miss you so much! Thanks for being...the best!

K

The Bennett's said...

Your looking great Mamma! You are going to do great as a new mom but I totally understand your feelings. I also wanted to recommend a chiropractor to you. I went almost every week through my pregnancy and had hardly any back pain and didn't get very uncomfortable. I went to Kim Meier at Meier Chiropractic, she specializes in prenantal and is a sweetheart! I even took Lilly when she was a newborn, so fun to watch:) And, I just finished Lilly's nursery and she is already 4 months:) you are way ahead of where I was at 27 weeks. Enjoy your last trimester everything will come together.

Addie said...

LOVE. So glad you're feeling well and more like you can do this. Because you totally can, and you're surrounded by great resources when you feel like you can't (ask Reese how many consultations she and I have had on sleep so far). I'm so excited for you guys!

Laurie said...

I love you! It is wierd thinking my daught is having a baby. None of really knows what we are doing, we all fake it! Sorry, I pretended to know what I did as I raised 4 kids. They all turned out well. You guys will be awesome parents, and you have grammie and Papa D not too far away.