A little bit of everything
Hamilton Happenings:
- He rolled! We were doing a little tummy time (which he loathes), and he was looking so darn cute I pulled out the camera and snapped a picture. As I was checking my handy work, he flipped over onto his back! Thinking it was a fluke, we flipped him back over, and he did it two more times for us before voicing his annoyance. He hasn't done it since, but he's not been feeling well, so we haven't been subjecting him to as much tummy time. I'll have to secure those bumpers, let him sleep arm-free, and remove the sleep positioner now. Might be a few nights of adjusting ahead of us.
- The poor little bugger came down with RSV. He's had a cough the last few days (going around at daycare), but when I took him home on Thursday, he was burning up. I took his temperature (overcame my fear of rectal thermometers - one point me!), and he had a fever of 103. It's times like these I'm grateful for my PA husband. Tylenol brought it right down, but Seth took him in the next day and the Doc confirmed RSV. He's still a very pleasant boy, even in illness. He sleeps fitfully, coughing and waking briefly, smiling at us, and drifting off again. I'm so grateful for my mellow man, and saddened by every cough and sneeze. We should be over the worst of it though, and he hasn't had a fever since Thursday.
- While at the doctor, they weighed him, and would you believe he weighs TWELVE pounds now? Cray cray.
Around Arrowhead:
- Third quarter report cards were a struggle for me, as I was gone for most of the quarter. It seems like all I've done since I returned is assess - my least favorite part of teaching. I've really struggled teaching double digit addition and subtraction with regrouping too. It's such a hard concept to teach so the kids "get" WHY they put that one in the tens place or cross out the tens and ones to "borrow", rather than just show them HOW. The WHY is what will help them later. I'm trying and they're trying and every day shows a little more understanding.
- While having technical difficulties, I made a frustrated face and one student called out, "You look like an angry bunny!" I couldn't help but laugh.
- "If you ever want to bring Hamilton to my church, you can. We're Mormon and we love babies."
- "Do you make Hamilton brush his teeth every night?"
- "He doesn't have teeth."
- "Gross!"
- Overheard during art, "My dad dumped my mom. I don't get it! She's such a great lady!" (Parents have been divorced since he was a baby; he's got a great step-dad and family).
- While chatting before a play at Alberta Bair,
- Kid - "Can you imagine if Mrs. M (principal) came in here? She'd be all 'Holy shit, that's a lot of kids!"
- Me - "You did NOT just say what I think you said."
- Kid (panicking) - "You don't think I said... no... haha. no... I said 'shiz-nit'. You didn't really think I said... no. I would never. Shiz-nit. Shiz-nit."
- Also, this isn't really my story to tell, but I heard someone pooped on the gym floor. In the middle of a class. And they couldn't figure out who did it! How does that happen? Who does that? And thank God I'm not the gym teacher.
3 comments:
Poop on the gym floor? It was probably Blake.
Even angry bunnies are cute bunnies :)
Keep up the good work!
Keep up the blogging! Love you! I am enjoying our time together! Love you
Post a Comment