School's out for summer! The last few weeks with my kids really were bittersweet. We'd been through a lot; two years learning and growing together, the majority of my pregnancy and the birth of Hamilton. One kiddo in particular really touched my heart this year, and it was the first time I really felt heart broken putting someone on the bus for the last time. She's got it rough, and it shows, but she'd made some incredible gains. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, her last month at school brought a lot of backsliding and behaviors that totally devastated me. I think it may have been her way of lashing out at me - just another adult abandoning her. I have tried so hard to show her that there are people who won't let you down, and tell her over and over that I'll love her no matter what... but when it comes down it, I have to leave her! Her bus came late, which gave us a bit more time together, and when it finally pulled up, she said, "Will you hug me onto the bus?" And I folded her in my arms and we walked all wrapped up, tripping on each other's feet all the way onto the bus. I waited until I got inside to cry. I just have to pray that she'll stay on the right path and that God will put people into her life who will love her as much as I did (which wasn't always easy). Bless her heart! What a great year though!
Babies
Holy babies, Bat Man!
First up is Kayla's incredible, tiny, squeaky, beautiful little Cedar! She came into the world after a long but peaceful labor, just as her tough Mama wanted it to be. Her birth story really is incredible, and will give hope to any of you preggos out there. Cedar is a bundle of squeaks and squirms and general baby delight, and I love her with all of my heart.
![]() |
| Mostly he just wants to pull her hair. Out of love. |
![]() |
| Soul Mates |
![]() |
| Sleepy Car Cussins |
![]() |
| I was never here... |
![]() |
| Cedar on the left, Lawson on the right. Cedar is three weeks older and 2 pounds lighter. Think about THAT. |
As for MY baby... he celebrated his half birthday today! We celebrated by making our first batches of baby food - peas and carrots, and enjoying the peas thoroughly! I've been so impressed with the gusto with which he eats food (as evidenced in his thighs and chins). He's sitting up as long as he wants now, and scooting faster than I can control anymore. He's figured out that just because I take it away or move him, doesn't mean he can't just get his way by heading right back to the source of the trouble (oh object permanence, why?!?). He's also finding his "personality" and making his likes and dislikes known. Likes: electric cords, Birdie, banging legos on the wood floor, scratching anything, the hearth, anything we are eating, phones, spitting. Dislikes: naps, snuggles, delayed gratification, disappearing kitties.
![]() |
| My handsome boys. So. Handsome. |
![]() |
| Amazing. |
Breathing Easy
Please refer to paragraph one. While I wish I could say I'm sleeping in, at least I can say I'm relaxing. Dinners on the patio, a fire pit, reading in the sun while baby naps... I love summer.







1 comment:
Enjoy! Enjoy your summer! He is GROWING so much! Love you
Post a Comment