
I think I may jumped the gun on Lennie a bit.
Apparently that added color and spry attitude was his attempt to enjoy his last few weeks here on Earth. Lennie passed away sometime today (between 8 a.m. when I checked him and 3 p.m. when I remembered we hadn't fed him that day).
Lennie was a delight to the the children who overfed him and tortured his little fish ears by tapping perpetually on his glass home. He was given a short ceremony containing a line from what I presume would have been his favorite movie, Finding Nemo: "All drains lead the sea, little buddy. All drains lead to the sea."
He is survived by nothing, because no fish has ever survived the over-exuberance of 22 first graders armed with a bottle of fish food and grubby fingers.
Farewell, Lennie! You will be missed!
2 comments:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lennie why god why. I will honor him on sat. with a little gin and juice down the drain for my homie lennie.
I think we caould learn from how Lennie went out. Flashy and spry.
I hope your students get some closure.
Post a Comment