Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

From the Mouths of Babes

"Mrs. Wilson, I'm pretty sure I barfed in my mouth and swallowed it."

Exchange between two students - one of whom is especially sensitive. She is frightened by the notion of monsters, goons, Halloween, etc., and gets queasy at the mention of blood.
"In Twilight New Moon, people think Edward is ugly!"
"What's Twilight New Moon?"
"It's a movie."
"What's it about?"
"A girl, a vampire, and a werewolf." *I see Ms. Sensitive's eyes widen and she swallows nervously.
"Oh, and then eventually a half human, half vampire baby."
*Insert Mrs. Wilson-
"Fiction! All fiction! Make believe! Isn't a nice day outside?"
"You're just changing the subject. It's negative twelve today."

I WISH I could claim this as one of my own, but it is from a teacher who used to teach with me, but has moved to another school. Oh the joys of new readers!


3 comments:

aubyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grammie Perrine said...

Funny Stuff, Mrs. Wilson! I am laughing and there is no one here to hear me but my dog Rudy!

Anonymous said...

I don't want Satan to come down my chimney!
I LOVE these posts.