Tonight Seth's dad, Steve, stopped by. He came in carrying a plate of steak, potatoes and french bread: one point. He then asked if I had followed his instructions (in OCTOBER) of putting Heet into my gas tank to keep it from freezing. I looked at my toes and sheepishly admitted I had not. No problem! He had some for my tank (two points), and would be more than happy to put it in for me (three points).
How much gas did I have in my tank (insert another sheepish grin)? Quarter tank? No problem! He took my keys off the hook and was on his way out the door, despite my half-hearted attempts to stop him (four points). I ran to grab my debit card, telling him to wait, but (as I'm sure you guessed), he refused (five points!).
What a guy, huh? A full (FREE) tank, a car that will start in the morning and steak in my tummy. I married into the right family.
6 comments:
Nicely done.
I will have to post some of my in-law stories too. They can sometimes be R rated because of their language, but still hysterical.
I'm so glad someone is taking care of you and your car!
Steve, i have not put in any heat in my truck, and i am almost emty too. 342 Cape Cod...anytime after 6:00pm.:))
How lovely that Seth's family will care for you in his absence. What a testimony to God's design in that imperfect instrument: the family. I love this!
And I also love Dave/Laurie's comment. They crack me up.
Thank you for the Shout Out, Janellemy darling... but I do not even know that HEET is much less where to put it. Seth's dad rocks!
I love this story. It heets my heart
Steve,
We have two other daughters could you please help them out with their cars, we are just a little tired of those cars....
Post a Comment