Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009: Brides, Babies and Bye-Byes

2009 can be summed up in three words: Brides, Babies and Bye-Byes.

Brides:
Addie and Rob, Kayla and Tyler, Ren and Chad, Jenn and Chris - not to mention the other five or six weddings Seth and I attended. I was honored to stand by Kayla, and Seth drove to Spokane to stand up for his old soccer pal, McLean. Any way you look at it, love was in the air!

Babies:
Karissa and Andy welcomed Hudson James, followed by Kaylie welcoming Sullivan James, followed by Matt and Reese welcoming Sawyer Eames - are you seeing the same pattern I did?

Also, Smith and Mason are talking, telling jokes, and "reading" me books. On Seth's side, Zach is still toothless and into nonfiction books and the Titans. Hannah is loving school at Ahead of the Curve and just got glasses - she's one of the most stylish four year olds I know. Of course, there are about 100 other "babies" needing updates, but I'm attempting to be concise.

Bye-Byes:
2009 brought Seth and I to Cabo San Lucas for our long awaited honeymoon! Seth went on his dream fishing trip (well, one of them anyway), and even I managed to catch a saltwater something or other. We laughed, we drank, and were muy merry.

We also went on a few camping trips, where Aubyn and I learned that maybe we can't put up a tent, but we can offer words of affirmation! Isn't that enough? I went to Chico with Holly and with Jenn, Karen, and Aubyn. Aren't I blessed in the friend department?

Kayla graduated from Senior High, effectively ending what I'm sure a few teachers have called the Schuyler Curse. :)

And of course, the Big Bye-Bye: Seth was accepted to the Physician's Assistant program at Idaho State University. He traveled to Pocatello and has had his nose stuck in a book ever since. He's given flu shots, sutured cow tongue and checked reflexes, blood pressure and heart rate of anyone willing to let him. He's a brilliant student (if I do say so myself) having achieved straight A's in a graduate level program this semester! I miss him terribly, and he misses home as well... but it'll all be worth it when it's over!



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Happy New Year everyone!

3 comments:

aubyn said...

Precious! I love love love the family photo with the snuggies. I can see this coming out of the memory box when your kids are 16 or so..... perfection

Reese said...

Great slideshow and clever post, as always!

Anonymous said...

Excellent recap.
Looking forward to next year with you!