There are changes happening at school. The numbers coming into first grade next year are "low" enough to lose a teacher (if we lose a teacher, three of us will be sitting at 25 first graders each!!). A second grade teacher will be moved to another building, and one of us will be moved up. As you know, this year has not been my best. I have an aide, a student who requires that aide, and more rude, disrespectful Snotty McSnottertons and wiggly ADHD kids than I have ever seen in one room at one time. It's exhausting. The thought of moving up with this class was... painful. The idea of any of us moving up was... devastating! We are such a wonderful team, and we get along so well, the thought of any one of us leaving is truly disappointing. But... we work for the district, not for the school, and we go where they send us. It's all still a bit up in the air, and we are hoping that enough children will move into the area so that we can all stay in first grade. With this district, you just never know what will happen, so we are trying not to worry about it/think about it. Whichever way you look at it though, they are stuffing classes to the max next year.
I'm also taking a class on Google and all of its applications. I'm learning a lot and am having fun feeling like a tech saavy teacher!
Love:
Seth was able to visit for Valentine's Day! He had President's Day off, and flew into town for the weekend. While he still had to study, it was still just wonderful to lounge with him and hang out with our friends TOGETHER. This semester has been hard on Seth, and it was good to spend time with him. I received a lovely bouquet from him (and one from my pops too!) and we had a delightful dinner at The Rib and Chop House, where we drew lots of "fun" pictures on the paper tablecloth. Hehehe. I miss Seth terribly, and it doesn't get any easier, but we're chugging right along, ready for this part of our adventure to come to an end.
Friends:
Karen and Jon bundled up the kidlets and headed off to California. I will miss them dearly, and am sad that Riley might forget me or Jack may not even know me at all, but I know that this is a good move for them. I also know that we are all very invested in our relationships and will make it work however we can!
Aubyn, Jenn, Kailee, and another gal (sorry, other gal - I think you're name was Jenn also?) are taking a knitting class from Ren. Ren is extremely talented, and we are picking up the skills a bit at a time. It's amazing how difficult it is compared to crocheting, and I have to remember how hard it was to crochet at first as well. It's another great excuse to get together and share some laughs, some deep thoughts, and learn a new skill!
Health:
I've recently gotten into thehealthypantry.com. They provide "meal kits" and mail them to you; you buy the nonperishables, mix it all up, cook, and enjoy! The meals are healthy, fairly well priced and generally quick to prepare. So far, I've been quite impressed and my only complaint is that they make too much for just lil' ol' me. A girl can only eat lentils for so many days, am I right? Also, we are having a Biggest Loser competition at work. The nurse weighs us in once a week and we are having a blast at Work Out Wednesdays playing volleyball, dodgeball, and other fun gym games with each other. It's a great bonding experience to wear spandex in front of your co-workers and jump in front of a volleyball rocketing at your face at fifty miles an hour. Someone took a video tonight; if I can get a hold of that, it will blow your mind.
Prepare yourself, Internet.
No comments:
Post a Comment