I hopped in the car, plugged in the i-pod and hit the road to see my husband. We decided to meet in Bozeman, rather than have one of us make the entire trek. This way, we would have no distractions, only each other. No excuse to stay in, we'd have to go on date after date after date!
However, the trip was almost cancelled because of another flat tire. I ran over a nail, which went through the tread and came out the sidewall. Luckily, someone at school put on the spare for me, and I was able to go about my day. With the class I have been taking though, I wouldn't have enough time to get new tires before the trip. And I couldn't drive to Bozeman without a spare with my luck. So, Seth cancelled the hotel and told me he'd drive the extra two hours to Billings. I was pretty bummed, because I had been looking forward to a weekend AWAY with him.
Just then, Seth's pop stopped by. I mentioned the car, and without any hesitation, he told me he'd take my car, I could borrow his, and he'd get new tires put on the Subaru so I could make the trip to Bozeman. Not only did he take care of the tires, but when I picked up my car, it had been washed, inside and out, and was cleaner than the day I bought it. The tank was full, and it smelled like spring! Can you believe this family I married into?
Seth and I met in Bozeman, and spent the weekend exactly the way I wanted: watching TV in bed, knitting, reading (me), studying (him), and laughing, laughing, laughing. We went out for meals, we lounged in Barnes and Noble for hours, and we remembered what it's like to be MARRIED.
Damn, that felt good. Not only that, but the weather is glorious. The sun is shining, the snow is melting, I'm gearing up for third quarter report cards and conferences. Do you have any idea what this means? It means I'M ALMOST THERE. It means this year is officially on the downward slide. It means that I CAN MAKE IT! I never thought I would be so happy to see third quarter conferences in my life.
I hope your weekend was as rejuvenating as mine! Was it?
2 comments:
Oh angel... you make my heart glad... so happy for you and your hubby and your blessings! Yeay 3rd quarter.
Not nearly as rejuvenating as yours, I'm sure.
You two continue to impress me, I'm so happy that you are getting excited for the changes coming up.
Post a Comment