Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Monday, April 5, 2010

Fruits of "labor"

After finishing my first knitted scarf (see below) thanks to Ren's knitting class, I was anxious to start another project, but wondering what I could make now that winter is (hopefully) over. Without a pattern, I attempted a purse. I used two different stitches and even added a lining and handles. I learned I definitely need some practice sewing, but had a blast with the bag and hope to make several more!

The lining is my favorite part. I think it sort of lightens up the heavy knitting, so I could use the bag in the spring or the winter. Right? :)


Here is a picture of my "Ribbed for Her Pleasure" scarf I learned to make with Ren and the gals. I learned so much, and I am addicted to knitting. It looks much more professional than my crochet projects, and it's nice to have a new challenge.


And the last "art": my highlights! My hairdresser, Maggie, says hair is like a canvas, so I'm including it in the art section of my blog. :) I've never had highlights before, and I'm very happy with the Ramen Noodle-like results. Hair changes are a splurge that are definitely worth it.

5 comments:

Addie said...

You are HAWT. And ribbed for her pleasure scarf? Fabulous.

lanerdoo said...

Very haute. You look tanner too. I love the "ribbed for her pleasure" reference.... and the scarf. Very fun.

Grammie Perrine said...

Love your noodly hair. So CUTE!

aubyn said...

I am so glad you like knitting, I was wondering if you would like it after crocheting.
I need a little help with my swatch, i cannot get purling for some reason....
You hair looks great! Nothing freshens up my face like a new hair cut, and a little color is just extra special! way to go on trying something new! whoo hooo!

Anonymous said...

I love love love your hair!
The scarf is great, and I'm so jealous that you've already completed another project. Way to go, you over-achiever.