Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Why I go to Bed at Nine

6:30 - wake up, shower, etc.
7:15 - out the door. Stop at Albertsons. Pick up flowers and cards for our secretary for Administrative Officials Day. COFFEE.
7:45 - Arrive at school. Set up for the day.
8:00 - gather staff to present gifts to Secretary (I'm on the committee).
8:15 - KIDS, KIDS, KIDS!
Learn about a new behavior plan for one kid, take attendance, help with morning work,
collect homework, announce the job people, etc.
8:30 - Reading groups!
10:00 - Recess, pee. Whew!
10:15 - KIDS, KIDS, KIDS!
Snack and story
10:30 -Art project (we made pipe cleaner mice and wrote a note to our Secretary
that says, "Thanks for being so 'MICE' to us!") Help 22 kids bend, twist, and tie pipe
cleaners. One kid cries.
11:05 - help kids through the lunch line. Force them to take one fruit and one veggie.
Chat with parents who visit.
11:15 - Lunch
11:45 - KIDS, KIDS, KIDS!
Calendar, singing, story
12:00 - Birthday celebration - outside for popsicles!
12:30 - Math - money!
1:00 - PE - sort the book order, correct papers, update the blog, etc.
1:30 - KIDS, KIDS, KIDS!
Join Buddy Room to clean up the playground for Earth Day
2:00 - Clean the room, stack chairs, tie shoes, say the pledge, head outside
2:05 - Gather on the playground for a presentation
2:15 - Say goodbye!

And I did not include such vital details as:
*holding back L's hair while she puked in the garbage can
*meeting with principal/other teacher to sort out playground dispute
*two meetings with the behavioral specialist about the new program
*calming parent fears regarding a rumor heard about so and so doing such and such
*cleaning up the day's events and preparing for tomorrows!
*Usually we do WAY more writing, but we had some fun outdoor events today.

Phew! And people wonder why I go to bed at nine!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you not feel like the Queen Bee every single day?? You do so much and keep yourself together so well. I'm glad you are taking the summer off to focus on you for a while.

Grammie Perrine said...

Crikey... I think I need to go to bed at 9 from READING that. Thank you for forcing fruits and veggies down their little throats. Jamie Oliver and I are proud of you!

aubyn said...

Thank you for being Mice to the children and your administrative professionals!
Im unsure why pipe cleaner crafts would ever cause tears... maybe existential angst? That gets me a lot...