*Kayla had an emergency surgery on Friday. She was having some stomach pain and went in to have it checked out. They assumed it was her appendix and removed it. While in there, they discovered that it was actually her small intestine that was causing the pain. It had become twisted (Seth had a fancy word for it: volvulus) and was losing blood and causing blockage. They took care of it, and all is well again! Still, kind of scary to have an emergency surgery so far away. We all just wish we could be closer to her. But apparently her recovery should be quick, and she's young and healthy, so we will just praise God that it was as "benign" as it was!
*My car was towed on Monday. Jenny's lot was full so I parked in the lot next door. When I came out, my car was gone and some rather large women were enjoying a cigarette. I was incredulous and began ranting, "Are you kidding me?!? I was here for two hours and you TOWED it? You went right to TOWING?? What happened to leaving a note on the windshield?? You know, you expect a little decency in the world and then people like you screw it all up for good people like me. You are a piece of work. You should be ashamed of yourself, you idiots. I'm glad I don't live here, but let me tell you something - I know where YOU live, and I'll be back! You lazy, worthless..." *That was edited for my audience. There were quite a few more four letter words scattered throughout. The idiots were busy posting a "Do Not Park" sign when I got out there. There was no sign when I parked there. Those lazy SOB's cost me 180 bucks. I am still plotting my revenge. Any ideas are welcome.
*Boards. We are entering crunch time for National Board Certification. My research is coming along, and I've been video taping myself and writing a bit, but now it's time to really dive in. I spent 5 hours at school on Saturday, and I have a feeling it may be like that for a while now until I get these done. Time consuming, overwhelming and oh so expensive. What was I thinking?
*Two of Seth's rotations fell through. After this one at Billings Clinic, he was set to go to Missoula for ER, Miles City for OBGYN, somewhere (?) for something (?) and then Billings for inpatient. However, both his Miles City and Missoula rotations have been "cancelled" with no explanation. They had a meeting on Friday and Seth was "top priority" but we still don't know where he will end up in three weeks. Which is, of course, super annoying.
Fist Bumps:
*Recovery - Debby is doing very well! She and Steve arrived home today, and we went to visit her. She looks much more like herself, and sounds like she is on the road to recovery. Thanks for all your prayers and good vibes!
*Flip video camera! The Flip I received for Christmas has been an absolute blessing! I am averaging about 4 uses a day with that sucker to prepare for my boards. Also, the kids are going to begin using it at a center to record themselves as they read, and I'm adding videos to my school blog almost daily! It was such a thoughtful and practical gift! I am loving it.
*Knitting! I'm still working on my "spider silk" hat - I call it that because the cream colored yarn has this luxurious glow - it looks like silk. It's slow going because the needles are small, and because I'm adapting a written pattern to fit the yarn and the needles I'm using, but I'm still really enjoying it. I also just got an offer today to make a hat for a co-worker... for profit!! I will crochet that one though, so it'll be ready within a few days rather than months.
*Viva Las Vegas! I was chosen along with 5 other coworkers to attend a conference in VEGAS this June! The conference is on PLC: Professional Learning Communities and will put me in Vegas for five glorious days! I've never been there before, and I'm going with a fun and fabulous group of gals, so I'm really looking forward to it. The conference and travel expenses are paid by money raised by the teachers at Saturday Live, the rest is up to me! The conference lasts three days, but because of Allegiant travel days, we will have one day of freedom before coming home.
May your Fist Bumps always outnumber your Fisticuffs!
2 comments:
WOw, your fisticuffs got my feathers ruffled. Are you saying you were towed near Jenny's apartment? Was it the yellow house or white house?
That makes me furious, you know they were smoking to see you come out. You should have called the police to report an unlawful tow. If it was the yellow house, they have a license as a "business" and have no right to tow you without a sign. That is why they were hastily putting one up after the fact.
Your boards will be SO WORTH IT! Keep going, my smart teacher friend! keep going!
Boo for the stupid school dropping the dang rotations.
Yay for Vegas! Yay for me reading blogs!
Keep up the good work, those fisticuffs will shrivel in no time :)
Post a Comment