Hammie Hambone

Hammie Hambone

Monday, September 24, 2012

Skip if you Hate Sap

I am 30 weeks pregnant. I know, I know, I can't believe it either! In ten weeks Baby Dubs will be here in all his glory, changing our lives forever. I have moments of complete excitement (meeting him, cuddling him, rocking him, introducing him to friends and family... I cannot wait), complete terror (wait... do they sleep on bellies or backs now? How do I put in a car seat? What if he doesn't latch on? How can I possibly leave my 22 students with a stranger for three months?!?) and complete nostalgia (How long will I remember exactly what it felt like when he rolled in my stomach, or when he got the hiccups? Only ten more weeks of keeping him all to myself - I'm the only one who knows exactly what he's doing and when he's doing it. Soon he will be the world's and not just mine!).






We have an ultrasound on Wednesday to check on his size. At our last appointment, he was measuring 3.5 weeks BIG. 3.5 weeks AHEAD. Ummm... yikes. Doc thinks I'm carrying high which would result in an "off" measurement, or there may be a lot of fluid, or he could be a really big boy... or a combination of the three. At any rate, I'm pumped to have another chance to see my baby, and I'm waiting on pins and needles for the ultrasound. However, in the back of my mind, I also know that the ultrasound is happening to make sure there's nothing wrong. We're having an ultrasound to check on something that's off. And that's a little nervewracking.

There is nothing I love more than watching my stomach roll as he changes positions. He's not really a kicker anymore... he much prefers somersaults. He spends a lot of time under my rib cage and right under my belly button.

Karissa and Ren are taking down the fly wallpaper and painting the nursery, and I'm so excited for this turn of events! While we were willing to "deal" with the wallpaper, if someone else wants to change it, go for it! That changes our bedding choices and decorating, but we hadn't done much in that area anyway. I'm very excited for the baby showers that are coming up. I've waited a long time for it to be my turn and it's surreal that it's finally here.

Next post (I promise I will get to it!) I will finally post about school and my incredible experience looping. Just know that I am absolutely loving it. Thanks for popping in!

3 comments:

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie said...

I am trying this again. I think I must have read this right after you posted. I am soo excited! Also, Am I the only person who is a robot and has to type out the two words at least 4 times. (to post a comment)

Kayla Powell said...

HMom, you're weird.

Janelle,

I'll be thinking of you and sweet Dubya on Wednesday. He has so much love from the world already, even thought he's 'all your's (for now!)

I'm dying to hold your little boy over Christmas. I love you! Thank you for our sistership and your support and grace. You're just the best.